I have had 2 miscarriages and a little discouraged any advice

My husband & I have no problem getting pregnant but I have now had 2 miscarriages back to back. I am 38 yrs old and never had a baby. I am healthy and very active. We had the 2nd miscarriage tested and my dr said it came back as the baby did not survive because it was what she called trisomy which means it had 47 chrom instead of the normal 46 chrom. the baby stopped breathing at about 6-7 wks . She would like my husband and I to have our chrom tested to see if we r compatible or not. I priced the test it runs about $850 each and we do not have that kind of money right now! We dont know if we should try again or just wait to save up for it & get tested first. Has anyone experienced this or have any advice ? Thank you Juliafaith

juliafaith

Asked by juliafaith at 9:42 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• First off, I am very sorry for both of your losses. I lost my first 3 pregnancies. I understand being worried about money and how much testing may cost you. The good news is that you obviously can get pregnant so you are not infertile and fertility treatments is usually what insurances do not like to pay for. I was send to an RE (reproductive endocrinologist) after my 3rd loss for recurrent pregnancy loss. My insurance covered every test he performed on me, including karyotyping of my husband and my blood. Fortunately, everything came back ok with that and that was not our problem. Have you checked with your insurance to see if they will pay? I know several people who have had that done and their insurance paid. I also know a couple who had a Trisomy baby and they now have 2 very healthy babies. Best of luck to you and definitely contact your insurance because they may cover more than you think.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I have the same thing going on, even though I'm 26.   I already have a daughter and she was my first pregnancy and it was completely normal, but between now and then, something is different. I can GET pregnant no problem, but I've had 2 miscarriages in the last year. Now my husband doesn't want another baby, so that really sucks. I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss and I KNOW the pain you are feeling.  Just reading about it brings tears to my eyes.  I feel it too, and I am very sorry.  Just do whatever you can to figure it out and be positive about it.  At least your husband is all for it!

emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 2:35 AM on Feb. 18, 2009