Do you ever have days where you just cannot face the social game at school?

I get tired of hobnobbing with other Moms at school, discussing all the politics, activities, blah, blah...so much so that I'll park in the back to avoid it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on May. 21, 2012 in General Parenting

• God yes! Recently, I have been trying to avoid those moms, but it is difficult. I don't want to look like a snob or a jerk. So, I just say "hi", if they look at me, make a small, friendly comment, then go about my business at school. I was in the PTA this year, but I don't think I'll do it again. It doesn't really seem worth it; half of the members aren't friendly or they're snobbish. That is no place to spend my precious time.
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 12:31 AM on May. 22, 2012

• If you are constantly putting up a front, you're like a salmon constantly swimming upstream. You never really get anywhere, except frustrated and hiding in the parking lot.

Be you. Nothing but you.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 10:47 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I really don't have that issue. I am comfortable being me.
    iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 10:45 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Yeah, I don't really get involved in that type of stuff.. I'm not very sociable. I hang out with my dog mostly...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:47 PM on May. 21, 2012

• @Brawnwynll....I just wanted to say I love your analogies...lol.

Op, I agree with everyine else it's best to just be who you are and if someone doesn't like it that is their problem.  I have encountered those snobby moms, but I try to either make them laugh or patronizes the hell out of them for fun. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:42 AM on May. 22, 2012

• I only did it for one term when I was in PTO-
    that was enough for me.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:01 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Nah, I don't care much for that kind of stuff. I'm involved in what I want to be and not involved in what I don't want to be...and I talk to who I want to and not to who I don't want to. I don't really care what "those types" of moms are talking about...or who they are talking about.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:32 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I miss the socializing with other parents at elementary school

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 AM on May. 22, 2012

• I think Chocolatespring hit the nail on the head. I know who I am at 41, thank God. It's the bullshit I'm sick of and you can't totally dodge it if you volunteer. At least I don't think you can. That was my mistake, opened pandora's volunteer box!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:22 PM on May. 22, 2012

• I'm pretty introverted, so yes, I do try to avoid unnecessary socialization with the parents at my daughter's preschool.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 9:53 PM on May. 22, 2012