And here we thought our oceans and such were polluted, they have nothing on this....

space debris

That is garbage you are seeing, is earth's orbit.  The image you see above was actually generated by NASA to show which ones are presently being tracked. That sick and somewhat disturbing

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:43 PM on May. 21, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• we recycle like crazy in Puerto Rico...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:59 PM on May. 29, 2012

• You made me hopeful, Michigan-Mom. I was like, "Isn't there anymore gorgeous places out there anymore?" I know Bali and the Hawaiian Islands are gorgeous, even though I haven't been there yet, just seen pictures. But, I wanna see some beauty, I don't wanna have to fear seeing trash fall out of the sky. Nasty.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 11:59 AM on May. 22, 2012

• This is disgusting. I heard that the Earth is spinning thousands of miles per hour. They have to be spinning at the same speed. So if it went slower all the trash would fall out of the atmosphere. GROSSS...

CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES PEOPLE!!!
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 11:56 AM on May. 22, 2012

• That is just insane... but i love that beautiful picture
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:30 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Hmmm, ya'll want to get together and start a cleanup company? SpaceX got their rocket up this morning.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:01 AM on May. 22, 2012

• They do not have to photoshop it out. Just as OP said, NASA generated this picture. It is not an actual photo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Keeley...Who knows why our officials do anything at all?? Maybe to reassure people everything is fine, despite junk falling from space and being called meteorites.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I think the movie WALL-E was predicting our future :)
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 11:44 PM on May. 21, 2012

• I'm confused...do they Photoshop all those out when they post pictures of Earth from space?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:30 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Brawny.....Wow...Itrs like in Japan and their nuke plant after the earthquake last year, its being called the 2nd worse meltdown in history. But here is a photo to know not all is lost...

Plitvice Lakes

Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:14 PM on May. 21, 2012