How Many?

How many outfits do you get your toddler each season? and how much do you normally spend?
I am going to get my kids clothes for spring next month. And was wondering what was normal to have for each season.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I usually make sure they have 3 or 4 jeans 2-4 pairs of shorts and i have 2 girls so as many skirts and dresses as I feel. So basically if they are really cute and at a decent price I get them. Same thing with shirts. So less than $100 per child.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• One thing that might help is when the clothes go on clearance at the end of the season is to buy them in bigger sizes for next year so you don't have to spend so much money next year. I don't think that I will have to buy much in the way of clothes. My LO is 7 mo and we have clothes that have been handed down all the way up to 3T.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Yeah that is how is has been for my son he will be 3 in july and I have clothes all the way up to 4t so I have not bought one thing for him others have for christmas or birthdays but I havent. I am having to buy them for my 2 dds. but they will be 15 and 4m when spring comes so I dont thiing I will have to spend much I like sets I dont match well. When I was younger My older sister had to check my outfit before school. that is how bad I was. Horrible I Know LOL :)
    Anonymous

• i dont spend much i usually shop at wal mart and i gets a couple of t shirts and shorts/jeans and i still have clothes from last yr because he never grew out of them my DD will get quite a bit because she is growing like a weed she is almost into 2t stuff and she is only 15 months old lol but she will def. be wearing lots of dresses & skirts :)
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I buy on sale or clearence. We have a carter's outlet store nearby and they always have good sales and coupons. Usually $100 about. Family helps out too. Christmas and b-days are good times for extra clothing.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I live near a Carter's outlet and The Children's Place and man do we wipe up...My son is now 14 months old (in 2 days) For about 80 -100 dollars we have 7 or 8 outfits that we can mix and match
    sheilatanman

Answer by sheilatanman at 11:28 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I may be excessive in this one, but I like to have around 10 shirts, at least 5 onsies (short or long sleeved, depends on the season), 10 pairs of pants, and about 10 pairs of pajamas.

DD actually has more than that in her drawers right now. But I don't really buy more that one or two outfits each season. I get most of her clothes as hand me downs from friends, from freecycle, and DD gets a few outfits from each grandma. So we have lots and lots of clothes here, but I might spend $20 on her for clothes every 4-5 months.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Season? What's a season? hehe gotta love florida. T-shirts all year long. Just throw a jacket over it. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Because it's so hot here most of the year, I usually make sure there are tons of shorts, t-shirts and summer dresses in the house. (It was in the 70's on Christmas day here, so it's silly for us to buy clothes for EVERY season, when we usually only get 2)
    SarahMelvin86

Answer by SarahMelvin86 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2009