Sandals for a kids with wide and 'tall' feet...

I was trying on shes for Ds at the mall the other day and NONE of the sandals fit him! This foot is too tall! They would not strap closed or they would pinch his foot if they did! Granted we only trie don Stride rite and Keds (outlet)
Any suggestions of brands to look at? Ever had this problem!?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 11:35 PM on May. 21, 2012 in Shopping

• I don't know what to tell you. Did you ask the store associates to recommend a brand to you? Are you against flip flops? I know what you mean, I just can't think of anything beside Crocs that might work.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:44 PM on May. 21, 2012

• He is not coordinated enough for flip flops. lol. While his gait is not effected by his Autism he is very clumsy.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 11:45 PM on May. 21, 2012

• Don't do Crocs either then Doc. I will look into it for you.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:03 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Found these over at Lands End.  They have neoprene on the top, which might stretch??   Or you can try something similar

http://www.landsend.com/pp/boys-action-sandals~234743_1055.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::AG7&CM_MERCH=IDX_boys-_-shoes&origin=index

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:08 AM on May. 22, 2012

• what about sketchers? do they make sandals? my son's feet are the same way and they are the only tennis shoes comfortable to him.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:52 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Birkenstocks

Answer by rkoloms at 5:26 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Men's sizes. I have a 7 year old who cannot wear kid's shoes. I buy them in the men's department, I just bought a pair of mens sandals at Walmart a couple of weeks ago.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:23 AM on May. 22, 2012