Parental rights? help i really need it

i applied for cash aid about a month ago and they sent my ex child support papers with out me knowing until after they sent them out, i dont want my ex to pay since my dd has a father in her life helping me already. anyway my ex asked me after he got the papers if he could sign his rights away and be done with it so my fiance could just adopt my dd, iv been looking and looking and i cant find one thing about it
we live in CA btw

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 22, 2012 in Adoption

• Contact a lawyer and see what they say if he wants to give up his rights.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 12:35 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Contact an atty.
    In my state, as long as you have a man willing to be dad that you are married to it is the same as an adoption.

However, since you are having to apply for Cash Assistance- take the Child Support and benefits. You obviously cannot afford the child on your own.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:40 AM on May. 22, 2012

• my fiance is helping me,my ex doesnt have to do anything
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:50 AM on May. 22, 2012

• I do not mean it in a negative way.

"i applied for cash aid" - "my fiance is helping me"
    not enough money is there to tend to the child's needs

The kid has a bio-dad and a potential step dad, you cannot legitimately expect the state to help pay the bills.
    If step dad is paying, then you don't need state aid. If bio dad can be forced to pay, you don't need state aid.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:58 AM on May. 22, 2012

• the thing is i dont want my ex to pay anything i dont even want him around which is why he hasnt been in my dd's life in almost 2 years
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:01 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Trust me, I get that. Seriously, I understand.
    IMHO- you HAVE to understand the state's take on things.
    Go see the atty. and figure out another way to get the bills paid that does not involve cash assistance if you don't want the ex involved.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:06 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Let your ex pay child support . Meanwhile you can get training to get a good paying job so you can be independant. When you apply for aide, they will go after whomever has the liability. Is it really fair to expect your fiance' to have his wages garnished ? If he takes it on then he will have to pay. Unless your ex pays , you are taking money out of the income your fiance and you now have together. Stay logical.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:11 AM on May. 22, 2012

• he can barely pay for his own son now which is another reason why i dont want him to pay, im not living on my own im living with my fiances family and going to school
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Yes your husband can adopt and since everyone is in agreement you should be able to dothe paperwork for close to free. I am going through same thing.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:59 AM on May. 22, 2012

• I've found that the way this is done varies by state.
    arcanecode

Answer by arcanecode at 8:26 AM on May. 22, 2012