Anyone know how to clean a keyboard?

My son spilled Mt. Dew all over my keyboard and my "L" and "O" and "P" keys are sticking.

Anyone know what I can do?

ChelseySpelsey

Asked by ChelseySpelsey at 9:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in About CafeMom

• whenever i spill anything on the keyboard i always just take a cotton swab and dip in rubbing alcohol and clean the parts that were affected. works everytime for me.
    dizzydeb29

Answer by dizzydeb29 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You might be able to take it apart and clean it good, I know my old keyboard i just poped the keys off. But you might have to get another one. You would think after all these years they would build an easy to clean keyboard for us mommies.
    YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 9:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I want to know the same thing...except I have a lap-top and I have NO IDEA how to clean it! lol
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I use compressed air for dust and a cotton ball with alcohol for dirt. You can post your question here for better answers I'm sure

Computer Moms - Computer Heaven

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 10:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Saw this on clean house take a toothbrush barely damp and clean keys wipe tooth brush with rag
    redampen blot with rag and continue wiping.i did it it works.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• When I was in the Navy we actually had this solution that was, for all practical purposes, rubbing alcohol, and we used q-tips dipped in this to clean our keyboard. It's also good for your mouse, if you have one that's got a roller ball in it and not an optical one. You can open up the back, take the little ball out, use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol around on it and on the little rollers on the side that the ball goes against, clean the ball with a cotton ball dipped in it, and then put it all back together.

It will get the dust and crud out of it and is good to do if you find your mouse seems a little "sluggish" or unresponsive.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I would recommend that you take the laptop in and have it cleaned though.

Also, if it's just dust you're wanting to get out, and not something sticky, then the compressed air cans do work pretty well, too. Just be careful that you are aiming it so it blows the dust up and out, not pushing it farther in.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2009