Ok seriously, Wtf hubby??

My man is in the Navy. He works 10pm-8am. He sleeps most of the day. If he stays up passed noon he has a hard time waking up so he asks me to make sure he's up by 9pm *when he's that tired he sleeps through his alarms*. When I do wake him up he's always crabby with me. He'll get grumpy and tell me to go away. Then he falls asleep again. THEN he gets mad if he oversleeps and has to rush. I wana tell him to kiss the fattest part of my ass when hr asks me to make sure he's up and let him oversleep but he'll get in trouble. Ahhh what should I do?

xXMarlyeXx

Asked by xXMarlyeXx at 12:51 AM on May. 22, 2012 in Relationships

• Good sleep or not, he's asking you to get him up and then yelling at you for doing it. I'd flat out tell him that if he wants me to get him up, he'd better be nicer when I do it, or I won't do it anymore and he can deal with his commanding officers.

My ex-boyfriend did that once. Only once. He yelled at me to go away, so I did. I took the kids outside to play. Two hours later, he got up. He flipped out that he missed his appointment and asked me why I didn't get him up. I looked at him and told him I tried, and he told me to go away, so I did. He was like well, why didn't you come back? I told him, you told me to go away. You've told me before that you always say what you mean and I should listen to you, so I did. I told him I was being nice to wake him up, but I wouldn't tolerate being yelled at. He moaned and groaned after that when I woke him up, but he never yelled at me again and he got up. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:27 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Tell him if to stop being a baby about it
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:09 AM on May. 22, 2012

• My hub says you should put your naked rump in his face, and as his alarm goes off, let one rip.

Or, get a claxon horn and use that instead of the alarm clock.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:54 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Or...you could always scream "ATTENTION ON DECK" right in his ear.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:55 AM on May. 22, 2012

• He'd rather hear it from you than his Chief or LPO.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:41 AM on May. 22, 2012

• He's oversleeping. Around 5-6pm he should have had enough sleep. I suspect he's not getting quality sleep. Does he have blackout curtains to block all light from windows? Ear plugs or a white noise machine? Is the room temp cool enough? It may be hard to sleep if everyone else is awake and he can hear noises from the outside. I DON'T recommend prescription sleeping pills since they tend to be dangerous and recalled, but something like like Benadryl or over the counter sleeping pills might help. Check also that the bed is comfortable. I bought new bed once and couldnt sleep worth crap because it wasn't firm enough so it made me toss and turn all night. It might be worth it to invest in a more comfortable bed. Sleep numbers and temperpedics get high reviews among my friends. He may also have back pains that wont allow him to sleep. Talk to him about the possibilities of why he might not be getting good sleep.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:42 AM on May. 22, 2012

• Lmao if I farted in his face it would be on like Donkey Kong. He and I go rounds XD
    xXMarlyeXx

Comment by xXMarlyeXx (original poster) at 12:57 AM on May. 22, 2012

• I have. I told him it's not up to me to make sure he gets up.
    xXMarlyeXx

Comment by xXMarlyeXx (original poster) at 1:11 AM on May. 22, 2012

• I know but he gets so mad at me. I'm trying to help. Ugh. He always apologizes after but it still hurts my feelings.
    xXMarlyeXx

Comment by xXMarlyeXx (original poster) at 1:43 AM on May. 22, 2012

• I've had a hard time waking up since I was very young... I'll sleep through alarms, & unfortunately, I get mean when someone tries to wake me. I got myself a sunrise mimicking alarm clock when I started high school, & it's wonderful. It has a built-in light that gradually lights up, starting about an hour before the alarm goes off. It primes the body to wake up, so I wake up more naturally & much happier. Your DH might benefit from one! Try BestBuy, or someplace similar. Good luck!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:10 AM on May. 22, 2012