Is a digital pregnancy test more accurate or just easier to read?

I know this sounds like a dumb question but i took three tests today. One was a digital early response test, and it said YES! Then, i took two other regular tests. One was positive (it had a faint line) and the other was negative.

I know that is is unusual to get a false positive. If i am preggo, i am about 4 weeks. My cycles are really short, and i'm about 5 days late. I plan on calling my dr tomorow. but im hoping it's really positive.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• easier to read imo
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 9:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think that they are just easier to read.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Easier to read. When I got pregnant with my son, I could barely see the second line, and I wasn't sure if it was my imagination or wishful thinking maybe. Digital takes the guess work out.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• yeah they're easier to read, you're preggo, congrats
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 10:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• easier to read, for sure, and that could have a factor in the accuracy... if that second line is faint, it could be misinterpreted...

living proof...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:07 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• it says in the directions that if the manual read out says negative and the digital part says positive, then it's negative..thats why ill never take a digital one..easier to read imo
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:35 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I did the same exact thing...I took three pregnancy tests like every two days and I tested Monday with a regular test (the one with the lines) and I got negatives there was not any faint lines and then on today I did the digital and there it was I AM PREGGERS!!!!!! YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!
    DYMOND24

Answer by DYMOND24 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009