What do you do with all your kids' artwork?

What do you do with all your kid'(s) artwork? There's so much from church and school etc. Just looking for some good ideas. Don't want to throw it all away, but it makes such a mess!

called2bmom

Asked by called2bmom at 10:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I saw on a show where they took good close up pic of them and put them in an album and got rid of the artwork.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• It was on one of those TLC shows where they go clean out a couple of rooms and----one of the guys names is Peter. I don't remember the name of the show.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• The photo idea sounds like a good one. I have gone though all my sons preschool stuff and saved the ones i liked then to use up space on his wall i made a collage with all his art work. I also send his grandparents some art work too every few months. so that helps me get rid of most of it.
    YamahaGoddess

Answer by YamahaGoddess at 10:08 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Right now I have a drawer in the Kitchen for my son to put his creations in. I plan on making a scrapbook with my favorites, but slowly the simpler scribbles that number in the dozens will be recycled to make room for more!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• A lot of the everyday doodles and drawings that aren't important to my kids just go into the recycling bin at the end of the month. I save the absolute favorites in large folders dated by year. For things that are too big or too fragile to keep (like macaroni art, science projects, 4-H projects etc.), I take pics and save them to disc.

BTW, a friend of mine did something neat to display her kids artwork. She put empty frames on the wall down her hallway and puts her kids artwork in the frames. Each kid has his or her own frame and they change the artwork every week or so. Doesn't help too much with the clutter, but it's still cute!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You can build or buy a shadow box and decopage the art work inside of it and make it 3d! You can also pick a spot in their room and make a "Clothes line" and use clothes pins to hold the art work, you can either draw the post on the wall or you could use wood to make post and hang string from each end or you can just hang the string or yarn from one side of the room to the other and hang the art there. You can also put it all in a scrap book or photo album. Or you can make a special box to hold it all in , use some art work to decorate the out side of the box and put the rest inside. Good luck! If I think of more I will add them as they come to me .
    sew4fun

Answer by sew4fun at 9:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Take up close shots of each piece on your digital camera and up load them to snapfish.com They create a personalized book from all of the photos. If you wait until each school year ends or right before each birthday, you can include different photos of them throught the year for the book as well. It makes a nice yearly keepsake kind of like a baby book.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 1:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2009

• thanks! these are all great ideas!!
    called2bmom

Answer by called2bmom at 1:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I kept a few each year and put them with a memory book for them. You can also scan them and put them on www.cjkidz.com under Di-Di's craft blog and have friends and family see it so your child will be proud! You could also upload it on the gallery of www.cjkidz.com where you can have it put on a coffee mug, mouse pad, tshirt or have blown up to be put in a frame
    momjs.
    momjs

Answer by momjs at 12:38 PM on Jan. 31, 2009

• I've been trying to figure out how to handle this. I want to keep a lot of it because my mom never kept any of mine & later on it kind of made me sad. I know boys are different but I imagine at one point he'll have his own family & may get a kick out of showing his kids.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 1:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2009