What do you do with all your kids' artwork?

What do you do with all your kid'(s) artwork? There's so much from church and school etc. Just looking for some good ideas. Don't want to throw it all away, but it makes such a mess!

called2bmom

Asked by called2bmom at 10:01 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I found these great archival ziploc pouches at Hobby Lobby. I pick and choose. The ones I like most or have some significance. Maybe Micheals ore someplace has them too
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:03 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i have no idea i have so much when i find a good place more comes!!! I thought of putting it on the walls in the kids room.
    jerseygirl0324

Answer by jerseygirl0324 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i actually did hang some on my dd's wall she loves it i had to do something my fridge is full
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 10:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• omg I must suck! I throw it away eventually, save for a few favorite memorable pieces.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I put up a few of the special ones, and some got throw in a box and every once in a while I let my daughter sort thru and decide which ones she would keep. Honestly she is 20 now and I have maybe 10. All in a scrap book, except two that are hanging on my bedroom wall. One I think is not her best effort but it was entered in the city art show when she was 10, I can't bear to toss it. And the other one, is some very odd abstract thing. She got an D on it in middleschool art class, for not following directions. I saw it as a sign of her emerging independence and I kept it. She hates it. LOL
    patipwa6

Answer by patipwa6 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• some are on the fridge and i have some framed on the wall. also gave some to gma n gpa they are great gift ideas from the kids.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 10:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• take pictures of them and put them on a scrapbook when i print them off and some i do keep and put in baby book and yes i do hang them up too.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 10:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I take pictures too. Then I send the actual art in the mail to the assorted grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles....LOL They LOVE it! Then they don't feel guilty when they toss them out because they know I have digital copies.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 11:06 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I found a cute way to display their artwork in their playroom. First you take a piece of baseboard trim. Cut it as long as you would like it to be. Next, paint the baseboard white. Then spray paint several clothespins( the type with the spring that opens and closes it) the colors you want to match your decor. Ex. red, blue,yellow, green or pink and purple, etc. You can hot glue the clothespins to the baseboard or nail them on with very small tacks. Space the clothespins apart to hold all sizes of artwork. Finally, you hang the baseboard on the wall and attach the art work into the clothespin.
    When I change out the artwork, I put what I am keeping(which is everything!) in a large plastic tote with a lid. Each child has their own tote which is labeled and stored on a closet shelf.

LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 5:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i have a ton of my kids artwork. i have drawers they use throughout the school year that they put their work in. at the end of the year we pick out the things we like the most and put them into storage buckets with their names on them. one of these days i figured we could make a album out of them to see how their work has progressed through the years.
    jenkent

Answer by jenkent at 1:41 PM on Feb. 2, 2009