3 yr old

My DS has been soooo picky lately. He picks at his food and eats a few bites then hes done. It doesn't matter what it is. Is this normal for a 3 yr old no not really have an appitate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 4 year old still does the same thing. She's always been a picky eater...some days or worse than others.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 10:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• As a nursing student and mother let me tell you it is sooo normal usually happens at about two but thats ok. Just make sure you dont give him junk to get him to eat. Offer him healthy food and if he doesn't eat it ok that fine. I would only worry if he starts dropping weight then call. And make sure he isn't filling up on milk. I beleive he only need like 2 cups of 2 % now at three.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• ya he has applesauce rasins and carrots for a snack usually. he has 3 cups of milk rest of the day he has water. when he was 2 he was worse gotten better since then
    Anonymous

• but he will eat a whole bowl of cereal thats the only thing he will finish.
    Anonymous

• It's very normal, toddlers are notoriously picky eaters. Don't worry too much. Try to keep his diet as healthy as possible.Always offer different foods, but don't push them on him if he doesn't want to eat.  And instead of worrying about what he is eating daily, look at his diet on a weekly basis. This is a normal phase.

Devory

Answer by Devory at 10:52 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my 3yr old DD does this all the time!
    CatherineBird

Answer by CatherineBird at 5:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2009