Where do babies come from??

When was the question asked? What did you say? How did it go?

I remember I was six. I had a book from the library. I asked my mom if she did that to have me. She said yes. I was so disgusted with her. Lmao

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 4:28 PM on May. 22, 2012 in General Parenting

• They were all still in elementary and they asked me as a group effort. I began giving them a biological explanation (not graphic) and they got skeeved out.
    So I said I can either tell you the real way or that babies come from the cabbage patch. Which do you prefer?
    They all said the cabbage patch and took off to play.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:33 PM on May. 22, 2012

• I honestly don't remember ever asking, though I'm sure I did. When I was a kid we learned everything about these things from "the back of the bus" lol. All the big/cool kids sat in the back of the school bus, and this was where I had my first lessons in sex education.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:42 PM on May. 22, 2012

• DD was 4 and DS was 6 ( developmentally delayed).
    I read them the book for ages 3-9 then asked the questions, then let them ask me questions. The book basically said that a baby is made by a sperm and an egg and grows int eh mother womb. It also talked about how the mommy and daddy's body dit together in a special way for the sperm to get to the egg. It was just enough information for me to be comfortable with and to answer all of their questions.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:46 PM on May. 22, 2012

• This book here, if anyone is interested...

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:47 PM on May. 22, 2012

• I don't think I ever asked. My mom wouldn't have dealt with it well. I do remember finding a copy of Where Did I come From in her bedroom (we used her room as a tv room as well.)

My kids were 4 & 6, and I was pregnant with DS2. They would ask and I would say things like "it takes a man and a woman to make a baby." And went on from there as the questions got more complex, as they got older. Haven't had it yet from DS2.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:26 PM on May. 22, 2012