i wasnt bleeding as much when i first got the mirena put in but its been about six weeks and i have been bleeding for 2 weeks straight. is this normal? adult content

kohnek

Asked by kohnek at 5:37 PM on May. 22, 2012 in Health

• Useless TMI Flag alert
    Anonymous

• Yes... normal. I bled off and on for 4 months....mostly on. I spotted between my periods and then had super heavy periods. The spotting went away after 4 months and the heavy periods went away after about 8 months.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:39 PM on May. 22, 2012

• I think it's pretty common. LIke SB says, it tends to taper off and then you won't have much/any bleeding at all

If you continue to have trouble or if you're worried, do give your doctor a call. Good luck!
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 5:41 PM on May. 22, 2012

• I did for first few months as well. I went to the doctor because I was nervous and they reassured me it was normal
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 5:43 PM on May. 22, 2012

• Happened with me too! I had one really heavy, long period, & I haven't had a real period since.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 5:48 PM on May. 22, 2012

• I'm not familiar with that Mirena, but any new birth control will be making you have frequent bleeding until your body gets used to it.
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 4:47 PM on May. 23, 2012