Have you had pnemonia during pregnancy?

I KNOW YOUR NOT DOCTORS SO DON'T LECTURE ME ON THAT. I'm not asking if i have pnemonia. I'm asking what you expierenced when you had it.

I'm 32 weeks pg and I've had a really hard time breatheing. I have a dry cough. My throat hurts because of either the mucus collecting (which hasn't been much because it feel like its stuck in my chest) or the dryness, not sure. I've had pain in my side when breatheing but it's not constant, only noticed it twice and it was when i was laying down going to bed. I've been this way for about 5 day and just found out that my nephew has pnemonia which i was around 5 day ago. My hubby thinks i'm overreacting but i don't want to let it go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• my mom had it when she was preg with me. she landed up going to the er in june and they kept her until sept and i was born is aug. cuz she never went in to get chked out. if you think you have it please go see a doctor!
    Anonymous

• YES DONT WAIT I WAS 8 MO. PREG CAUGHT IT FROM MY SISTER I DID GO IN AFTER I GOT SICK IN BED THEY KEPT ME FOR A FEW DAYS I WAS STILL SICK FOR AFEW WHEN I CAME HOME. YOU SHOULD GET CHECKED BEFORE IT GETS WORSE.
    ssspw-world

Answer by ssspw-world at 11:00 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry no I don't have experience with this, but considering it's middle of the week go in to your doctor and get checked. Not the OB, you don't want to expose other women, but to your regular doctor. He will be able to know if you need to be admitted or what meds you can take or even if he thinks you have pneumonia. Don't hesitate, because if you do next thing it's Saturday night and you have a fever...which would totally suck. You don' t want to have to rush to the ER.

Good luck, sorry I really could not help more, but the best bet is to have someone listen to your lungs. Tell your hubby when you are pregnant you have to be more cautious and also your immune system is down, KWIM ?
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 11:02 PM on Jan. 28, 2009