Is it safe to put vicks on a 10 month old? I thought that it wasnt safe but I was reading on here that some moms use it

chelsey1

Asked by chelsey1 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your pedi to be sure. Something like that I would never ask here.
    Anonymous

• i use the vicks for baby for my daughter when she was about that age i didnt know it could be a bad thing
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:48 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Be careful if you do not to take the baby outside with it on. This caused pnemonia in my ex-husband when he was young. (So he says... not sure how reliable that is!)
    Anonymous

• the baby vicks is safe- it's very mild. i used to use it when i was pregnant and also on my babies. it has all natural ingredients.
    sshane

Answer by sshane at 10:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• <<< I don't use it. I put eucalyptus oil in a diffuser or in some baby lotion (small amounts, after I tested to make sure she wasn't allergic).

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• wasn't there something about this on t.v. that it wasn't safe?? i would check with a dr. before using it
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I just saw something about vicks on MSN. I think it focused on children under 2. Something about making breathing worse and actually harming. Also not to put it near the nose etc.. You may want to "google" that or even go to vicks website and get better info there.

I think for that age if you want to use vicks, get the plug in with the strip that wafers it in the air better then putting it on her. They sale it in the cold aisle.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 10:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• heard a new thing on tv not to long ago its very bad to use at all now i guess i never use it anyway but thought id tell u
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 10:59 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• They make a vicks especially for babies that doesn't have the menthol in it. That's what I used on my son til he was 2. You're not supposed to use the adult formula until they reach 2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• it can cause pneumonia because it opens up the bronchial tissue. Very true. I wouldnt use it.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2009