First Birthday Cake?

I still have a few months, but I was wondering what kind of cake other people gave their babies for their first birthday?

Devory

Asked by Devory at 11:09 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• lol, homemade milk free, egg free, tree nut/peanut free white cake!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• mine had a dora cake and a smash cake just for her to play with
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• my friend made one small one for her son birthday
    i order my daughter first birthday cake.

it depends how many people you inviting over for the first birthday

i just got animal on my cake and my friend she made cake for the guest that had elmo on it.
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i orderd it from walmart i did balloon cupcakes and they gave my son a small on for himself for free
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 11:21 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I made an applesauce cake from the book Home Cooking with the Uncommon Gourmet. It was easy, not too sweet and beautiful. I increased the applesauce called for in the recipe by 1/2 cup and cut out a dump truck picture and dusted powdered sugar around it for the icing. I am sure the recipe is available online or use Epicurious.com for something very similar.
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I made a yellow cake from scratch and used a cake pan from Wiltons for my oldest.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i made him cupcakes and did a cup-cake cake for the party to control the portions.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I like to make and decorate cakes so for my sons first birthday I made a sheet cake and then I made an elmo cake with the elmo face cake pan by wilton. I frosted the sheet cake, put elmo on one half and decorated him with the red star frosting tip and then bought the pre made letters and put "Happy 1st Birthday Jackson" on the rest of the exposed sheet cake. It turned out very cute. I've also build 3D Thomas the train cakes for him in previous years!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I got hers from walmart, but instead of getting it with the overly sweet buttercream icing, I asked them to use the whippy frosting. Its mainly whipped cream, so it's not as sugary, but still as good if not better
    lunamuse89

Answer by lunamuse89 at 11:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009