What can I do to feel better?

I would appreciate any advice on how to add more happiness into my life. I have 3 small children that I stay at home with. My DH is a heroin/pill addict but is a really good father(very involved)despote his addictions and has a great job. He wants to stop and he called a program. We fight about it a lot and it cost a lot of money. Besides that I feel alone a lot during the day. We live a few hours from some family and my mom moved FAR away a few years ago. That really sucks because we were close and now she misses out on seeing her grandkids grow. I have no one to turn to or go visit or visit me!! I'm depressed and don't really want to go meet new friends. I want the old ones and family to be in my life After my DH is clean should we move closer to my mom or should I go to the doc and just get prescribe something?? Thanks for listening!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Health

• Well I want to start by saying it's a big start by your DH starting a program for help. That seems to be most of the problem & I hope it helps. But I stay at home also & it seems most of my friends have went there seperate ways. I do however have family but everyone needs friends. I know how you feel when you say "I want the old ones" I find it hard to make new friends also & it's hard to deal with the fact of losing friends that have been there so long. After your husband is clean I'd talk to him about your feelings of being closer to you family.If things dont seem to get better soon, you may want to consider professional help. You dont want your kids to grow up thinking their mom is sad all the time, ( not passing judgement, just advice). I wish you all the best!
    Anonymous

• I am in the same position (well almost) except I am living somewhere that I don't like. Everything about where I am living is great. My husband has a good job and we have made some pretty good friends (well that is probably all that is great about it), but I am really missing my family. I feel as my kids are getting cheated out by not knowing their aunts and uncles, their grandparents and cousins. Anyway, my hubby wants to stay, but the rest of us want to go. I am afraid that if I stay here any longer I am going to have to get on medication. I don't know what to do either. So I know what you are going through (kinda anyway).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• sounds like you have devoted your life recently you your husband, his addictions, and you children. first off, i applaud you because that is no easy task.
    humans are tricky creatures. we, by nature, dont like change. well, 90% of the time anyway. but, you def. need a change!! you want to go back you family and old friends because that is what you know.
    i know that it sounds scary....but, try and put yourself out there a little bit. find a new hobby. try something new and fun--that you enjoy that is just for you. take a yoga class, join a book club, whtever it is that you think you might enjoy. have a little "me" time.
    there is nothing wrong with taking care of yourself, too. after all, if you dont, how can possibly car for your hubby and babies? :)
    Anonymous