Elementry School graduation only have 3 tickets.

My child will be graduating from elementary school parent's only given 3 tickets. My ex want to bring his wife the school will not be giving out additional tickets due to limited seating in the auditorium . The tickets are for my ex, grandparent and myself. What can I do to avoid a problem the day of the graduation with out him making a scene? I informed him 3 months ago of the situation. I asked my son would he be upset if she did not attend, he said why can't daddy just video tape it for her ?  Help., sos, smoke signals...arguing

Pink1242

Asked by Pink1242 at 1:10 AM on May. 23, 2012 in General Parenting

• Spread the word out at school and the office that you're in need of additional tickets..There were lots of times when I knew we wouldn't need the extra tickets, so I gave them to the office should another mom need them.
    The least they could do is put your name on a list, should any show up.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:30 AM on May. 23, 2012

• Do YOU want her there? I don't feel she really has Any right to be there. I wouldn't go out of my way to get her a ticket.
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 1:32 AM on May. 23, 2012

• I would just give him the one ticket. Let him go to the school and try to get extra ones!

btw

welcome to cafemom

iwicked

Answer by iwicked at 1:42 AM on May. 23, 2012

• Thanks ladies, he said they could share the ticket..ummm nope. They want to play pass the ticket, I have never heard of anyone doing something like that. I really do not want to go the extra miles to accommodate him. My son really does not care if she attends or not as long as we are their. It would not be a problem if their were additional tickets,. I even invited them to lunch after he said no.
    Pink1242

Comment by Pink1242 (original poster) at 2:04 AM on May. 23, 2012

• Then don't worry about it. Give him one ticket and be done with it. If she throws fit, oh well. There was nothing you could do.
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 2:13 AM on May. 23, 2012

• i would give him his ticket and let him and her deal with it. if your son does not care don't stress about it.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:26 AM on May. 23, 2012

• My son is graduating 8th grade and gets 7 tickets, enough for mom, dad, sister, and all grandparents. Our town holds graduation at the local indoor ice rink. We don't have to worry about weather, it's air conditioned and can accommodate wheel chairs very easily. When my daughter graduated 8th grade, the rink was full but there were still lots of empty seats and it was hot as hell outside.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:13 AM on May. 23, 2012

• We are going through this too but for HS grad. Just tell him it is what it is, and she is welcome to wait until after and then they can take him to lunch or dinner and celebrate then.

Answer by gemgem at 7:53 AM on May. 23, 2012

• Its up to your son, npt him. His can get over himself.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:15 AM on May. 23, 2012

• It sounds like your son is being very level headed. Yes a grandparent should get a ticket over dad's wife: the grandparent will always be the grandparent but dad's wife may not always be dad's wife. PMSmom makes a good point BUT with as many blended and divorced families as there are now, it's unlikely that there will be extra tickets. Marlye makes a good point as well, if she really wants to be there, it should be up to dad to try to find her a ticket. I can not believe that they would try to sneak her in, they realize that that would mean someone who actually has a ticket isn't going to get a seat right?
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:25 AM on May. 23, 2012