Do you think that the Democratic Party is not what it used to be?

Meaning, I think of Democratic values and I think of the time of the Kennedys. In my opinion, the Democratic Party is moving far left towards liberal.

Anyone else feel that the Democratic Party is not what it used to be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Absolutely...I didn't care for Bill all that much BUT now thinking back he was kind of a closet conservative (that is saying alot) compared to what we have now.JFK funny how Obama is compared to him PLEASE.

12 dems voted against the stimulus PORK today .hmmmm

No republicans voted for it.

The rest were dems for it
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:38 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I agree tnmomofive:

However, maybe they weren't closet conservatives. Maybe people are closet liberals and now the power has shifted to Democratic Party - they've taken that momentum waaayyy too far and are running with Liberal liberation!!!???

someone has to clothesline this running and put a stop to it!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:43 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• You could very well be right thunderlight..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:47 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Nothing in Politics is the same as it used to be! Times change, Social issues change as well as world events change. Both parties compromise and move around in both directions....meaning left and right. I think just think it's a sign of the times.
    Anonymous

• whatever makes you all feel better about losing....oh and Sarah is suppose to run in 2012 I hope she does...Can you say second term LMAO
    Anonymous

• Yeah well right now we seem to be being forced to the far left.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:56 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Whatever makes me feel better about losing? lol Just wait....you will se WHY alot of us are really upset.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:57 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Anon 1055p....Don't be a sore looser. He won honey....DEAL WITH IT!!! This message brought to you buy a McCain voter!...I GOT OVER IT......JOIN THE CLUB!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Nope, I think it's doing well. The Republicans, however, seem to be imploding. Here's the problem: the younger generations are kind of sick of the baby boomers and older people refighting time and again the Vietnam War and they are sick of the wedge issues. Young people are more connected today. So, they happen to know people that the Republican party trys to demonize like gays and lesbians and foreigners. They know that their friends are not as evil as the Republican party makes them out to be...so, they are rejecting the Republicans. Don't think so? Then why are the Republicans trying so hard to create a 'bigger tent'?
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 12:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• No not ALL of the younger generation is going your way.You want to talk about "demonizing?" How was the republican party done over the last EIGHT yrs? and still being done by the far left libs? NEVER happy the far lefties.Now they have their liberal king in office..and those who who do not share their drool and awe....are labled racists etc..

Entitlements and big government is what they are about....let's make government bigger bring on oppression and dependence on government.Let's lay our rights down for our government.

Let extremists rein free in our streets with their "nuke israel" signs..their "behead those who offend islam" sign........let's appease them.

Let's raise our taxes through the roof

have you read the stimulus package? PORK

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2009