my 9yr old does all kind of crazy things to get attention will she gow out this and when.

is this how kid's in the middle act, always want attention.

easygoing144

Asked by easygoing144 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I JUST WANTED TO REPLY TO MY ANSWERS. THANKS FOR THE ADVISE AND ANSWERS. I LVE ALL MY KIDS WITH ALL MY HEART AND ALWAYS SPEND ALL MY TIME WITH THEM AND ALWAYS WANT THEM AROUND ME EVERYDAY AND ALL DAY IF POSSIBLE. ITS JUST MY DAUGHTER IS THE 2ND TO THE OLDEST AND I GUESS SHE GETS JEALOUS OF HER LITTLE SISTERS AND WANTS TO BE LIKE HER OLDER SISTER, SO SHE'LL ACT CRAZY TOWARDS EVERONE TO GET ATTENTION AND THAT WAS MY QUESTION. IS IT NORMAL FOR THE MIDDLE KIDS TO DO CRAZY THINGS TO GET ATTENTION, BECAUSE WE ARE ALWAYS DOING THINGS TOGETHER.
    easygoing144

Answer by easygoing144 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 6, 2009

• That's how all kids act when they don't get enough attention! Spend some time with her and the behavior will taper off and quit. You talk like her wanting your attention is a bad thing?!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Some kids are just goofy like that. My daughter is the class clown. When I meet a parent of one of her classmates or even some of her teachers or even the workers at the school. I tell them my last name. They say are you Tinas mom. I automatically say "I apologize in advance if she has ever done anything to you". However some teachers love how she acts and say things like she is a breathe of fresh air, she adds life to my room, and even the other parents say she keeps the kids awake (because you never know what she is going to do). I say encourage your child to have fun and let her/him know there are limits.
    connietrrll

Answer by connietrrll at 1:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It doesn't always mean they have a lack of attention. I am always doing things with my kids. That is one thing they have never complained of. I am the parent that takes all the kids over night, takes them to the skating rink, etc... She is just that way.
    connietrrll

Answer by connietrrll at 1:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2009