• In the Spotlight:

ribs???

so yesterday i asked a question about the major pain i was feeling in my ribs
then i told my doc and he said i just slept wrong
well when i was in the shower i noticed that my ribs on one side was sticking out and the other side was not
the side that was sticking out was the side that has been hurting
the doc told me it cant be the baby cuz how far i have dropped
should i call him tomorrow and tell him wut is up cuz they are still sticking out
or wait till next week when i see him and see if the go down???

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Chances are great its the baby. My son stayed on my right rib and made it stick the time I was Preggers with him. all the way up till I delivered.
    lesliekaym27

Answer by lesliekaym27 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I wouldn't bother calling. You've figured out you were right as far as baby causing the pain, there's nothing the doctor can do for it anyways. it's not like he can make baby move his/her foot.

it doesn't matter how far baby has dropped, they can still get their little feet up into your ribs.

measure 19 inches up from your pubic bone :) that's average length of a newborn. babies are normally curled up but yes they stretch sometimes.

you don't have too much longer though so chin up and take some tylenol.
    Anonymous

• it may be the baby. ive dropped too, but feel most of the movement in or under my ribs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• babies are 18-22 inches long at birth... from my pubic bone measuring up... that hits me about mid boob, almost top of my boobs. of course baby can kick you in the ribs even if it's dropped..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• the bottom of my ribs hurt constantly when i was pregnant and the doc said it was from the aby stretching them apart
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My Last DD BROKE My Ribs Literally.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 2:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I noticed this also and asked the doctors and they said it wasn't anything except the baby up there. Only problem is those ribs still stick out on one side and I still don't like them being touched.
    yunglovers143

Answer by yunglovers143 at 4:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2009