Do people not know how to answer a question on here?

Example. "How do I confront my husband about him about going to the bar and getting wasted?" "I need some pointers on how to talk to him in a way that he might take in to consideration what I am talking about."
Then someone answers.
"It sounds like your just too insecure!" Or, "I would just leave him!" Or, "OMG, I can't believe you are overreacting over something like that! What do you want to do, keep him confined to the house like a prisoner? Just let him have some fun." "It sounds like you are the one with the problem, not him." Or, "If he wants to do it he will anyway regardless of what you say, if a man doesn't respect you just kick him to the curb!"
This wasn't MY question, I just made it as an example, but I have been having some problems like this. Why do people need to judge you when you ask a question on how to do something etc? Continued.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Jan. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The person was clearly asking HOW TO APPROACH THE HUSBAND IN A WAY THAT HE WOULD CONSIDER LISTENING TO HER AND UNDERSTAND WHERE SHE IS COMING FROM.

Anonymous

• Isn't there more important things to worry about?
    Anonymous

• answers like that?? no shi***
    ssspw-world

Answer by ssspw-world at 11:58 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• I think you're being too greedy.
    Anonymous

• I think because some moms have been through what the op has been through and hope to stop the op from being un happy for a long time like maybe some who answer have been. At least that's me. If I knew then what I know now in my marriage. Leaving for many reasons isn't easy, is it. Children hear fights no matter what room parents fight in and divorce doesn't always make kids stronger cuz the fighting stops. How many divorced moms have written in about fights with their ex's or new hubby's or so's ex's? A whole lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I wasn't specifically directing this towards relationships. It was directed to ANY question. People always do that on here and it's kind of disrespectful to the person asking for advice. Then in the end they still don't have a legitimate answer that would help them because people are too busy making assumptions or complaining about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You know how my aunt handled her husband at bar drunk.She went in the bar and told him to get his*** up he was going home now! He didn't budge so she grabbed him and pushed him out the door cussing all the way.The owner banded them from coming back.They look back and laugh about it now.But no I don't see why every body says just leave him.That's stupid remark anyway.You just leave your husband and write him off for being drunk at the bar?What happened to better or worse.Now it's oh if he's an inconvienience lets tell her to leave!that's Silly !things can work out.
    summerray5

Answer by summerray5 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• You posted a question on the internet and you expect people not to answer you the way they want to? Thats just not realistic. You might try framing your question better or growing thicker skin, because haters happen. You just can't let them get you down or ruin your day. I personally don't talk with drunks. I'd let him sober up first. Then talk. If he doesn't listen or care, you can decide whether to deal with the behavior or leave. Those are the basic choices. You can't change him.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Hmm it depends on how sever the problem is. My boyfriend was getting rediculous with his drinking and staying out late at the bars. And everything I tried to do to get him to stop just turned into an arguement. And then one night he was just way too drunk and got kinda violent. I kicked him out. And the only way he was aloud in me and our sons life was to quit drinking compeltely and do aa. And he has and things are great now. Still working on rebuilding the trust. You have to explain whats going on better if you want a good answer. Dont worry about what other people say or think, and dont let it offend you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I agree. When people on here see a question they feel the need to answer but they do not feel the need to be considerate of the person asking. Usually when those certain people feel the need to answer it's because they feel like giving their opinion on the "problems" with the person who is asking. People who do that just want to give their two cents worth of sarcasm and scrutinizing. They completely ignore the question asked and jump to conclusions and end up completely off topic. I think if you are going to answer a question you also need to be considerate when answering. If not, don't answer. If your answer will not be helpful but more opinionated and judgemental, don't answer. Answer to be helpful and consider tha person asking and the fact they need genuine help.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jan. 29, 2009