My 14 year old is having sex. I know this because of a text messg!

Should i take her to get on birth control?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• you know how about something like mirena? Would they use that on a child so young?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Birth control isn't going to protect her from things penicillin won't cure.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I wouldn't I would talk to her about her body & that 14 is to young to be having sex....................... By giving her the pills I think give her the Ok to sleep around she is 14 my god!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• yes! I became sexually active at 14.. now i'm 20 with a child... plus, we know that we weren't always cafredul.. lets face it... so what makes us think they would be???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes I would my mom did, and the only thing I can say about it is I wish she wasn't so mad about it when she found out, she didn't realize that it had nothing to do with her or how she raised me because either way I was gunna do what I was gunna do. BTW I was your DD's age too when I started
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I think yes. Letting her take birth control is not saying u agree with her having sex. We tell our kids to wear seatbealts so, is that permi to speed!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Anonymous, she is going to do it anyway so yes. Put her on it but DO try to prevent it and talk to her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I was having sex at 15. i never got pregnant. I used condoms.... I wish I would of been on pills!
    Anonymous

• My mom consistently told talked to me about waiting until I was married. She told me all the reasons not to have sex, how some guys use you, how you will regret it in the future blah, blah, blah....and I still did it. lol.
    And yep, she was RIGHT. She taught me good morals and tried to give me freedom with some added caution. She didn't let me be in my room alone with boys and stuff. She did everything she could to ensure I wouldn't do it and I STILL found ways. lol. So, NO. It's not about the parent. Put her on BC!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• When I was a teen.. I was having sex. I was a 9th grader and had sex with like 5 sen boys that year. All of my friends were doing it. So she will do it anyway! I had sex in cars, in the yard..other people's houses. She will find a way! I even had sex with 2 guys at once in a car.
    Anonymous