my mom always told me..

that when a girl or woman uses birth control at a young age it messes their body up.. how true is this??

and for guys/ men besides the condom what other "birth control" method is their?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 12:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• all men have is the condom really

IMO the hormones in birth control is why we have the drastic rise in breast cancer. too much estrogen leads to breast cancer, doctors tell their menopausal women this. birth control contains estrogen which our bodies are also making (until menopause)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I really don't like the idea of pumping teenage girls with hormones and I do believe it has an effect on their bodies.

I don't think there is another form of BC for men.

My hubby's fixed so no worries for me!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• well that sucks for men like why dont they have like an iud that goes up somewhere! lol..
    weird i never knew that..

as for the other one.. so birth control has a hormone in it that can mess up young women's body?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• well, it contains the hormones we make naturally. what it does is confuse your body into thinking it's pregnant so it doesn't release an egg.

IMO tricking your body like that is a bad thing! especially if you are adding chemicals that you don't need.
    Every single woman I know from my mom's generation (know in real life not internet BTW) has/had breast cancer. They are all from the generation of "take control of your body! go on the pill"

I personally don't take BC of any kind with hormones because I have a chemical imbalance anyways so adding hormones makes me borderline homicidal LOL tried it once... BAD results for me emotionally. so that was my big tip off that they are no good for you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have to take bp's for menstrual flow reglulation like I did when I was younger. My second baby threw it out of whack again! Anyways...I am hoping that this doesn't include women of my age group.(38) because my doc said I really needed the bp's to get this under control
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 12:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i've never taken the birth control pills.. i'm going to get the IUD because that way i dont have to do it.. lol.. like the doc puts it up their and wht not.. but yeah
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• yeah I don't believe in them and think they are very unhealthy.

The IUD is good and sounds like you are being responsible. You have two options and ONE has hormones just like the pill. It is called Mirena and it contains progesterone which is not good. I tried it and it made me emotional. Get the copper IUD. NO HORMONES!!!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 1:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Hormonal BC has the potential to mess up a woman of any age.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had the IUD and it caused my fertility problems. I posted something about the bad things that come from IUD's. I can find it again and share if need be.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• iuds dont cause fertility problems.. sorry to not let you scapegoat it... i got pregs one cycle off my iud... so not true... my mom didnt get her period when she was 18, she went on bc pills to get it jump started, i know the pill can make you carry water weight (5-10 lbs) but besides that it really has no issues. people have issues and need something to blame...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2009