Do you think it's okay for your kids to whine?

I don't allow whining from my daughter. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

I have friends who have kids that constantly whine, and it ends up with them getting whatever they want just so the parents can shut them up. That is NOT okay!! (in my opinion)

Do your kids whine? Are you okay with it?

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 2:23 PM on May. 23, 2012 in General Parenting

• I do NOT tolerate whining. He knows better. I can't stand those moms who let their brats have fits and whine at the store.
    xXMarlyeXx

Answer by xXMarlyeXx at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2012

• I think all kids do it. It doesn't generally produce the desired results in my house, but that doesn't mean he doesn't still try.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:42 PM on May. 23, 2012

• I think that all kids whine. But, no I'm not okay with it & I don't give in. I've I'm in a silly mood, I'll start whining with them. They'll then either start laughing & stop (my youngest) or get annoyed and storm off (my oldest).
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:28 PM on May. 23, 2012

• I hate whining... the moment my ds trys i put a stop to it.. i am now doing it with dd now too lol..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 2:31 PM on May. 23, 2012

• Whining annoys me. Do mine do it...YES
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:37 PM on May. 23, 2012

• We never allowed whining from our sons. If they couldn't ask us for something correctly they didn't get it until they did.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:24 PM on May. 23, 2012

• Nope they are sent to their room where they can whine all they want and I do not have to listen to it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2012

• should be *if I'm in a silly mood*
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:29 PM on May. 23, 2012

• I am still in the process of breaking my daughter of using her whiny voice. As soon as she starts I tell her she's whining. She'll stop and start again in her normal voice. It's been a process. But, since I've really started to crack down on her about it things are going a lot better.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:29 PM on May. 23, 2012

• Can't stand whining. Still dealing with the 10 yo because her dad doesn't correct the behavior, just sends her to her room.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:36 PM on May. 23, 2012