CDing moms i need help fast! adult content

my son has had an issue with barn yard diapers 6 months into our cloth diapering we have tried everything from changing detergents to boiling, dawn, baking soda, for smells and stripping. washing is 3 rinses wash with an extra rinse then another 3 rinses we use tide for detergent. but this morning my son woke up with this rash on his bum. and i was told it was amonia burn how do i prevent this from happening again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on May. 23, 2012 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow. That's bad. First, since it's so badly blistered I think you need to have his doctor look at him.

Second, I'm not really sure what else you can do. Boiling should get rid of the ammonia build up. How often are you boiling them?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 3:50 PM on May. 23, 2012

• every 3 weeks or so because the smell builds up so fast.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:01 PM on May. 23, 2012

• also his doc has seen it and said just to put a&d on it noting else and leave his diaper off as much as i can.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:03 PM on May. 23, 2012

• Have you tried vinegar in the last rinse?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 4:23 PM on May. 23, 2012

• yes never made a diff because we have hard water.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:26 PM on May. 23, 2012

• Okay, so I'm looking online and this comes highly recommended:

Clicky

I'm still researching so I'll check back in a bit

BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 4:29 PM on May. 23, 2012

• Also, what type of prefolds are you using?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 4:30 PM on May. 23, 2012

• Wow, maybe it's a problem with the diaper itself? Are they 100% cotton or is there something else in there? Also, switch detergents and try something specifically for sensitive skin, we have never had a problem with All free and clear. If you aren't already, you should be washing hot, the extra rinses are good. We would do dd's in a hot wash, half a load worth of All free and clear, extra rinse. Pre wash as well if they were really smelly. We have a sanitize cycle on our machine and using that once in a while replaced the need to boil. We use gDiapers.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:28 PM on May. 23, 2012

• Probably a yeast infection. Bring him to the Pediatrician for a Precription cream.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:25 PM on May. 23, 2012

• This is just a suggestion about the rash---try some mylanta on the rash before you put on the a&d it helps soothe it some if it is a burn type rash. My DD had one from citrus that I ate when I was nursing and it helped soothe it more than just plain a&d.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:09 PM on May. 23, 2012