Have you set up a parenting plan with the courts yet??

I am thinking DH and I should do this while on decent terms. I dont want to go through a custody battle if something were to happen.
How do I start this process?
Does anyone else on here have one?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 12:46 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• go to social services they will help u im in the proses right now
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 12:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• umm.. i didnt even know what that was! lol.. :(

MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• im sorry im confused....DH? as in your husband? you want to set up a parenting plan with your husband?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yes with my husband.
    A parenting plan is when the parents go to the court and sign legal papers saying who gets custody of the kid(s), and the visitation rights if there were to be a divorce.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• yeah i know what it is. ive just never heard of someone doing it before a divorce was planned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i see the faith you have in your marriage ;] i honestly didnt even know you could do that!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• hmmm....ive never heard of anyone doing that while married.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I dont think anything will happen...but my best friend is in a NASTY custody battle right now, and I was thinking it would be good to do before we hated eachother
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• do it while you two are still getting along but dhs will tell you what is best for you to make sure nothing bad will happen in the end i got mine when my son was 6 weeks old .. I have full Physical custody and we share Joint legal custody if your not sure what they are joint legal custody is where he can get all paper work on her/him for the schools like grades and that and can take them to the doctor if needed and Physical custody is where your the one they will live with and be taken care by
    1SkylersMommy1

Answer by 1SkylersMommy1 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2009