has anyone ever had a severe conflict with your sibling that you just can't get over?

I'm the mother of 4 and last year my sister tried to get my 16 year old out of school because her daughter and my son's girlfriend had a falling out and my son & her daughter had a spat which isn't rare they've always fought like siblings but, always worked things out on their own. I have a real problem with her always trying to be in the middle of everyones issues my belief is that kids need to learn to work out their own problems with guidence if needed but, in the end they need to learn to deal with situations. I'm always there for my kids if they have a problem but, i only offer advice. It's been a real trying year for the whole family can anyone offer some advice?

maltesemom4

Asked by maltesemom4 at 1:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• i agree with you. im not sure what i would tell her though because i hate conflict :/
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Sorry to hear, girl! You're the parent, you make the decisions for him. Not her.

My 16yo brother was throwing a fit, (on one set of crutches with a torn ligament in the knee and was shoving the other set of crutches back under the bed but they didn't seem to want to fit. got hissy because he couldn't bend down to move them like he normally would have, and was too proud to ask for help) last night, and he fell on me. i'm 5'3, 28wks pregnant, and still only weigh 145lbs. he's 6'2, easily 215 (wrestler). He's ginormous compared to me, but he almost knocked me belly first into a nightstand. i'm lucky to still be limber enuf to jump to the bed to avoid the table. I asked him calmly if he knew there was a pregnant lady standing beside him with nowhere to move to, and he looked me square in the eye and said, "You shut your F---ing mouth or i'll squish that thing out your ass!"

This is going to be a tough one to get over...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I haven't spoken to my brother in over 2 years because I got sick of hearing what a horrible mother I was (he doesn't have children). When my mom comes to visit in a few months she wants us all to get together (oh joy), I gave in and agreed but I let her know that if he makes one rude comment I'm gone.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My eldest brother has broken into our home multiple times and robbed us blind. He stole our last $20 when he knew it had to be used to fill my moms prescriptions. He would bring rolls of $ he got from selling drugs into our home and brag about his $300 shoes and $250 shirt, but refuse to lend us $20 because we had no groceries or anything to eat.
    My other brother was high one day and kicked in our front door and threw mom onto the floor and tried to strangle her. When she was able to get him out of the house and lock the doors he cut her landline for the phone and stood outside screaming about how he was going to kill her. (Aren't recreational drugs FUN!)
    Now, several years later, I am very close with the second brother again. I never thought I would be able to forgive him for what he did to our mom, but he has cleaned up his act. The other is in prison, and we talk regularly. I still don't like him, but I do love him.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 7:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My Brother has done very bad things. Things I won't mention...not even anon ...but we have not spoken in 6 years and it will stay that way as long as I let it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had a big falling out with my brother. He freaked out at a New Year's eve party over kids fighting. Mind you, it was not even his kid!!!!He left before things got out of hand.UGH. Fast forward, 4 years later , we go over his house and he even bought my son a very very expensive computer!It was bad at first but he apologized and time heals all wounds.....................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My brother's a drug user..he uses my parents, lives off them..can't hold a job either. he's 31 yr's old, he was at they're house when they went to my grama's funeral out of town..i had to go there too because he couldn't be trusted. I was there for 10 mins and all hell broke lose he had a fit because I told him to be quiet or he'd wake my baby that was sleeping in the car seat. He didn't shut up, he was so off the hook..drunk at the time, and I told him to leave, gave him the money my dad left for him, because he knew this would happen..I TOLD him to go to a hotel, he refused to leave, so my fiance told him again LEAVE, he tried to fight him in front of my 8 month old. NOT a good bro, we don't speak and I won't till he's drug free!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I haven't spoken to my brother in 9 years. He and I had a huge falling out when I spoke out against our adoptive Father and the sexual abuse I had endured for years. Actually, I haven't spoken to a single member of my adoptive family for 9 years...last I saw any of them was in court about 4 years ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Wow. I guess I should feel lucky my brother and I dont really talk, but only because of age and distance.... i feel so awful for all you ladies!
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 9:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My sister is a compulsive liar. She has lied about me, my niece (her daughter who is grown now), my ex BIL, her own life..she just cant stop lying! She told every one she had to move out of state because people were trying to kill her (so not true!) She has done other dispicable things too. She lied & said she had a baby that died (nope!) She didn't even bother to call me when our mom died. She had her babysitter do it! (real nice) We havent spoke in a year & I dont care if we ever do again. Regardless of whether someone is family sometimes there are reasons you just cant be around them. some people are just too selfish to see the error of their ways. you might be better off not getting over it!
    Anonymous