How can i get my daughter to sleep in the bed by herself and not have night terrors

ever since we got her toddler bed shes woke up screaming and actually standing on the safety rails with her eyes still closed.... Im concerned that she may be seeing things that arent there to anyone but her. when she comes to our room she sleeps fine but there is something about her bedroom that must scare her. is there a way that i can kinda trick her to get her to sleep in her own bed in her own room or am i just asking for too much???

sweetnewmomma

Asked by sweetnewmomma at 1:54 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it doesnt sound like night terrors, my son had night terrors and it didnt matter where he slept they happened. With night terrors they do not notice your there because they are not really awake they can have their eyes fully open and be calling for you but will push you away because they are wrapped up in the terror. Its a truly scary experience as a parent to watch your child go through that.

It sounds more like an adjustment issue my daughter 4y/o does this she will wake up in her room and scream then go get in my bed and be fine, she just doesnt want to sleep alone. We put a pillow from our bed in hers and i have a blanket that i cuddle with her under every morning that she sleeps with, this seems to help she has my scent me during the night and it is calming for her. we also move her after she falls asleep which helps as well. if you have had the family bed then she may just not be ready to go it alone yet.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2009