If you watch America's got talent.....

what are your thoughts about young children being on the show? I think everyone should be able to go out there and show their amazing talents but it's just sad to me when I watch the kids go out there and give their all and then get sent home. I feel bad seeing them heartbroken.

virgo550

Asked by virgo550 at 9:22 AM on May. 24, 2012 in Entertainment

• hey,if they're going to be big,they have to be able to take criticism

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:23 AM on May. 24, 2012

• I don't think I'd let my child go if they were 7. Yes, I agree that if they want to be famous they have to get used to rejection and people not liking them... but to be rejected like that on TV and in front of tons of people at that age just seems bad for the childs self esteem and confidence

Conmom456

Answer by Conmom456 at 9:53 AM on May. 24, 2012

• I refuse to watch it anymore. Once they put that bottom feeding scumbag Howard Stern on, that was it for me.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:09 AM on May. 24, 2012

• In all honesty I think the parents should be more realistic before letting them go on these shows... It's sad that they have sent them out there with the delusion that they're good enough to become famous. Like the people on American Idol, they look at the judges like they've lost their minds when they tell them they aren't cut out for singing... It all comes down to the people that lie to them just because they don't want to hurt their feelings.... It all comes down to the parents, or the people raising these children....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:45 AM on May. 24, 2012

• Some of those kids do have million dollar talent. However, it reminds me of pageant parents most of the time, setting their children up for disappointment. It's not a bad thing for children to learn this lesson, but I hope their parents have prepared them, and they should understand that success usually is preceded by multiple "failures." I think the producers should help to weed out the kids before putting them in front of the judges.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:54 AM on May. 24, 2012

• They need to learn it's not always rainbows and smileys...
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 10:50 PM on May. 25, 2012