Masterbation

Is it against the bible to masterbate? I have always wondered?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i have no idea but i proclaim the masterbation proclamation! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I don't think I have ever noticed that word in the bible. ??
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• theres the verse about not spilling your seed, but thats for men.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:09 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• honeslty i dont know, but my Dh was raised a very strict baptist and doesnt seem to have any problems doing it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm Catholic and I masterbate
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I doubt it really matters one way or the other. MPO.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 3:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My mother was raised Catholic and is now JW... She always taught us that to masterbate was as evil as being a hooker...

Thankfully I never listened.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:12 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• SabrinaMBowen: lmao, that was too funny. IMO i don't think it's evil or a sin. I have read parts in the bible that were against certain things, however. BUT then again, I'm atheist, so I don't see anything wrong with masterbation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• the verse most often used against masturbation is Genesis 38:9. but when you take it in context you can see it doesn't really have anything to do with masturbation. the basic story is as follows

Onan's brother died & as was the custom Onan took his brother's wife (Tamar) as his own. They were having sex, but Onan knew that if Tamar had a kid it would be his brothers (as was the law). So instead of finishing inside her, he used the pull out method & "spilled his seed on the ground". and that was displeasing to God so God killed him. it has nothing to do with masturbation.

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• i'm not sure it says in the bible not to but in our faith i was taught that we must learn to have control over our bodies and that when your body asked you or needed to get satisfied that you must not do it so that your body was not controlling you. the same is said for premarital sex that if you learn control over your body you would be able to resist against the temptation to have sex before marriage. i think most faiths say not to have premarital sex. it makes sense to me. i never do not only cause of what i've been taught but just cause i don't get anything from it. i'll just use my husband for that. which he doesn't mind one bit. to each his own. if it is a sin i guess when you die you will know.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2009