Husband thinks I'm being stupid....what do YOU think?

Ok so my dh is an electrician and has been picking up whatever side work he can b/c both kid's bdays are coming up (3 weeks apart). Well, this little bitch (his brother in law's sister) is needing some wiring looked at so my dh was reccomended to her since they know each other. He's going over there Friday after work to fix whatever it is. He's thinking it will ony take 2 hours or so and it's an easy $80 (huge discount for what he usually charges people). Ok so the reason I'm not so happy about it is b/c every time we've ever been around this girl she hugs all over my dh and stares at him and giggles and shit (so lame btw). Dh's sister even said Angela (big head bitch) USED to have a crush on my dh. Looks to me she hasn't grown out of this little crush. She even married a guy that looks alot like my dh and named her son the exact same name that I named mine. (she had hers 3 months after I had mine.) I admit that I'm insanley jealous, but I think in this situation, I kind of have a right to be. Dh blows it off when Angela is all up his ass "she's just an old friend" blah blah blah. Sooooo the question is....do you think it's stupid for me to be kind of pissed about him going to this hoes house? lol I mean if the situation was reversed he'd be so hateful to me if I even THOUGHT about doing "side work" at a dude's house that was all up my ass every time we saw each other.

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 11:06 AM on May. 24, 2012 in Relationships

• The way I look at it is not jealousy but disrespect and I would not expect my hubby to talk to her I would. Sit her down like a little girl since she is avcting like one and the bitch ti back off because she might be acting like a little girl but she is old enuff to get her ass stomped like a grown woman! Just Sayin! lol
    Confused239

Answer by Confused239 at 8:55 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Ok, please don't take this the wrong way. You're not necessarily wrong in how you feel, but I think, if you are telling him why this is a problem for you in the same way you told us, that he's saying you're stupid for the way you're talking about it. You're calling her names constantly - it makes it look like nothing but pure jealousy. I think the better way to approach it would be "I admit to being a bit jealous. But she hangs all over you, and Sally told me she used to have a crush on you. It certainly looks like she still does, and the idea of you going over there without me bothers me, knowing that she still has a crush on you. I know you'd never cheat on me, but I'm very uncomfortable with you being in that kind of awkward position." Calling her a bitch, a ho, etc. just makes it look like you're throwing a jealous temper tantrum, and no one responds well to that - think of how you respond to your kids tantrums.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:24 AM on May. 24, 2012

• Go with him. Whenever my husband does work for any woman, I tag along--not because I'm jealous but to protect him from tongue-wagging folks. Take yourself a book or whatever, but go right along with him and sit there until he's got the job finished.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:09 AM on May. 24, 2012

• You can't control her, and neither can he. You both can only control your reactions to her.

I think it'll be fine. He's working hard to have money available for the birthdays and so I'm of the opinion that it's not worth the frustration to worry about it
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:16 AM on May. 24, 2012

• You either trust him, or you don't.

That's what it boils down to. If you trust him, then you need to back off a bit.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:10 AM on May. 24, 2012

• My husband is a plumber so I feel your pain... I'd go with or send one of my kids with him... they are great at telling me what is going on. I'm jealous as well...
    LoveNLollipops

Answer by LoveNLollipops at 11:27 AM on May. 24, 2012

• OK, I could see why he would think you are stupid for thinking that. Doesn't mean you are, to be honest.

His thinking is that in not liking this, you don't trust HIM to put off her advances, if it ever went that far. Please make sure he knows you do, in fact, trust him, you are just worried about her trying to take it further. And yes, I do believe he needs to tell her to back off, especially if it is getting in the way of his job.

I do agree with NannyB, but I understand you can't :( But I would also feel uncomfortable in this situation as well. I've been there! And she did try to take it farther, and then cried rape on my husband! Even tho it was eventually unfounded, he was still not able to put on Staff for 6 months, which cost us a lot of money in the long run!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:29 AM on May. 24, 2012

• My SO right away said, "He's stupid." You have the right to be jealous. Money is not more important than your feelings.

He needs to get his priorities straight. My SO said, "I would never go over a woman's house that has been hugging over me and is an old friend. It sounds like he is ok with it even when it's $80. He should think of the wife's feelings." quote unquote ;o)
    onelove1982

Answer by onelove1982 at 1:38 PM on May. 24, 2012

• I trust my DH. It would not bother me at all. If you trust your DH then it shouldn't be an issue. In fact, I would be flattered & laugh about it. Money is money. It's a job.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:39 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Well, he was recommended to her, so it's not like he just up and offered to go over there. When she's all over him, giggling and staring at him...what is his response? I can understand you being upset, considering how this woman is, but its also how your husband responds or acts. Obviously, you don't trust her..but do you trust your husband.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 3:46 PM on May. 24, 2012