what are your plans for your big income tax check?

what are you looking forward to doing with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• oh i dont get to do anything with mine but pay off my state taxes, yeah everyone thinks its so freaking great to live in a state with no sales tax but umm nope we pay twice as much in income tax to our state and because we made 80 bucks over 50,000 this year we get taxed an additional 10% by the state so i get to hand my check over to the state, so much for catching up the bills!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• mine is going towards bills and anything my daughter may need.. shes due soon, so im sure we will have some things to get for her :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• moving!!
    paying off the bills!
    helping auntie with her wedding!
    moving!!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Every penny is going into the bank because this economy isn't getting any better and my kids will want food.
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 2:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Since we're stationed overseas, we're going to Thailand.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 2:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• A little is going to go towards a down payment on a car since I will need a bigger one with a third child on the way. The rest is going into the bank to save for emergencies that may come up.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My husband is taking part of it to put with money he has been saving for a motorcycle. Also, I have to have oral surgery, and need around $2500 out of pocket for it. Anything left is going towards household items we've been meaning to get. The kids have lost almost all my spoons, and my middle DD is in dire need of new pants.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Haven't calculated mine yet, but if it's too big, then the first thing I'm doing is adjusting my withholding at work. No reason to give the government an interest-free loan throughout the year. It is much better in my own pocket or building interest.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• DEBT!!!!! We owe my mom some money & have a lil money on a credit card..... We will pour it all in those 2 things!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 7:37 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Why does everyone assume that everyone else is getting a big check?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on Jan. 29, 2009