is this okay?? is it normal? Or should i say something to my Doc.?

Im not sure if this is typical during pregnancy.

but ive been swelling very bad. its not pre eclampsia but my doc said its the worst he has ever seen swelling without it being pre eclampsia.

anyway, i always put my feet up etc.

is it normal that when my feet are touched by something that it feels like they are bruised?? there is a little bruise on my left ankle, but even my right one feels like it is bruised and its not. its tender to the touch veryyy badly. my whole foot...

is that normal? should i even bring it up to my doc? i dont want to sound petty and im not sure if its norm this is my first pregnancy :)

thanks!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you know you should mention it to you doc's.. when i was preg. they never found any preclamsia until the day i gave birth.. and omg i swoll like i didnt even have balance because my feet were so swollen!! and it hurt to walk!! so just mention it and see what he says! :D good luck!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:24 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• eh yeah my balance is weird, like my feet arent flat anymore they are bally and padded-ish lol if that makes sense??

and yeah it hurts to walk and to move my toes.

:( lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• lol.. yeah i know that pain! trust me.. in one week i gained 40 lbs and it was all water.. wait till you deliver your body will ache since you were swollen!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:32 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• :( thanks! LOL

im so looking forward to that.. haha.. ugh at least it will be soon where my swelling will eventually go down.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:35 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• when are you due?
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:36 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• When in doubt - ALWAYS ask your Dr! Look at it this way, either your Dr is going to check it out and tell you everything is fine, and now you at least have peace of mind on the subject, or he / she is going to check it out and tell you there's a problem, in which case it can be taken care of, preserving / restoring your health and the health of your baby.

Talking to your Dr about your pg questions are always a win / win situation in things like this :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:42 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Valentines day.. so like 2 1/2 weeks...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My feet would swell before I was pregnant so I really am unsure. My left ankle I'm not too concerned about, its always been huge due to an injury and surgery from a couple of years ago.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 7:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2009