have u ever had a biopsy?

whats involved? any pain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Health

• I had a biopsy of my intestine. They knocked me out for it and I didn't feel any pain.

My mother had one of her lymph nodes biopsied and it was a little sore after but not really painful.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 2:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had a biopsy of my cervix. It didn't hurt at all, just a little uncomfortable.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:30 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had a biopsy on my lymph node in my neck and I was scared but it didn't hurt just was sore after wards, but thankfully they gave me so meds for the pain.
    JaeleensMommy

Answer by JaeleensMommy at 3:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• YES!!! I AM GOING TO BE TOTALLY HONEST W/YOU. THEY DID NOT GIVE ME ANY PAIN MED., I HAD THE BIOPSY IN MY LEFT BREAST TO SEE IF I HAD CANCER. WELL IT REALLY-REALLY HURT LIKE HECK-SORRY, BUT I BELIEVE IN HONESTY. AND THEN MY RESULTS WERE POSSITIVE-I WAS SOOO SCARED AT THE TIME. THEY PUT NEEDLES IN 2 DIFFERENT PARTS OF MY BREAST-THAT TOOK ABOUT 3 HOURS.
    NOW I HAVE JUST HAD A MASTECTOMY AND AM CANCER FREE-BUT I DO TAKE TAMOXIFEN FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS. I AM STILL IN ALOT OF PAIN-BUT VERY THANKFUL I WENT THROUGH W/ALL OF THIS!!!
    MY PRAYERS WILL GO OUT TO YOU-PLEASE-DON'T BE MAD @ ME BUT I WAS RAISED TO BE TOTALLY HONEST.
    TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.
    HOLLIDAY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had needle biopsies- they hurt as much as a needle does, but it was pretty quick. I had surgical biopsies and they were done under anesthesia and didn't hurt much afterward.
    Holliday, I am very sorry to hear about your bad time. I am praying for your quick and smooth recovery. I hope the pain goes away soon. As one of my neighbors told me, you get up in the morning and put on your bra and keep going. Best wishes to both you and to the original poster and to all who have to go through this.

Answer by Bmat at 11:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had not only a cervix biopsy but they found precanserous tissue and i had to get a LEEP.
    The biopsy felt very similar to period cramps and went away pretty quickly.
    If this is the procedure you need feel free to PM. I am currently pregnant again and am dealing with a post-LEEP pregnancy .
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 12:30 PM on Jan. 29, 2009