How many people wear head coverings and modest clothing because you feel it's right?

I was raised apostolic pentecostal so it was not in our beliefs to wear head coverings. Now i don't claim any christian religion but more spirituality. I still believe in God just not a lot of the views of Christianity... the more i read the more i feel that the "church" has changed christianity to fit their wants and needs of the time.

oldfashionSAHM

Asked by oldfashionSAHM at 4:44 PM on May. 24, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wear ball caps as my "head covering". My clothes are more modest than most. I don't really like the idea of traipsing around in public looking like a 2-bit whore. My shirts cover my boobs with little to no cleavage. My pants/shorts cover my butt and then some.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:52 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Funny that you say that. I just read a piece earlier about how church HAS to be kinda old fashioned and must NOT adapt to modern times or it will loose it's function. Which, according to the author, is being critic. You cannot make religion fit your needs or it'll be useless. It's supposed to poke unwanted spots to get people thinking.
    I kinda liked that.
    Pucki

Answer by Pucki at 5:01 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Not I.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:10 PM on May. 24, 2012

• I don't go out of my way to be modest. I get compliments on my clothes all the time. I think that just as a natural progression, I quit trying to get attention based on what I looked like (but that could also be that I'm old and fat now) lol
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 5:12 PM on May. 24, 2012

• I wear skirts/blouses all the time - mainly because I am most comfortable that way. I was raised Pentecostal and I think that upbringing still colors much of my personality. We didn't do the head coverings, but clothes had to be modest and makeup at a minimum.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:34 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Me. I'm an Orthodox Jew, so I dress according to Jewish law and I cover my hair.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 7:18 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Well I don't wear head coverings at all but I would have to say I dress pretty modestly. Mostly jeans and a tank under a v neck shirt...but that's just because after kids my boobs got saggy so I don't flaunt them anymore, even in a push-up bra
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:30 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Well I'm Muslim and modesty is extremely important to most Muslims. I dress modestly and cover my head because I wish to please God and that's how God told us to dress.
    -Cassandra-

Answer by -Cassandra- at 7:33 PM on May. 24, 2012

• I'm almost 49 and I look really good for my age so I'm not afraid to flaunt it.   Sexy doesn't have to be slutty, it can be classy too!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:18 PM on May. 24, 2012

• I cover my nakedness.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 12:45 PM on May. 27, 2012