Senate Democrats pay female staffers less than male staffers....WHAT?!?!

yeah I know shocking. I seem toremember this also being the case with Obama vs McCain.

Of the five senators who participated in Wednesday’s press conference—Barbara Mikulski (D., Md.), Patty Murray (D., Wash.), Debbie Stabenow (D., Mich.), Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) and Barbara Boxer (D., Calif.)—three pay their female staff members significantly less than male staffers.

The Free Beacon used publicly available salary data from the transparency website Legistorm to calculate the figures, and considered only current full-time staff members who were employed for the entirety of fiscal year 2011.

Other notable Senators whose “gender pay gap” was larger than 23 percent:
■Sen. Bernie Sanders (I., Vt.)—47.6 percent
■Sen. Jeff Bingaman (D., N.M.)—40 percent
■Sen. Jon Tester (D., Mont.)—34.2 percent
■Sen. Ben Cardin (D., Md.)—31.5 percent
■Sen. Tom Carper (D., Del.)—30.4 percent
■Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D., Minn.)–29.7 percent
■Sen. Kent Conrad (D., N.D.)–29.2 percent
■Sen. Bill Nelson (D., Fla.)—26.5 percent
■Sen. Ron Wyden (D., Ore)—26.4 percent
■Sen. Tom Harkin (D., Iowa)—23.2 percent

When it comes to prosecuting instances of gender pay discrimination, however, the Obama administration has been far less active than that of his Republican predecessor George W. Bush. Under Obama, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has filed six gender-based wage discrimination lawsuits. That number is down from 18 lawsuits filed during Bush’s second term.

WHAT?! No way. They are completely full of it. These are public records. As a woman I am little tired of this BS. Put up or shut up. What say you?

http://themissstory.com/ThePost/senate-democrats-pay-female-staffers-less-than-male-staffers/

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 5:32 PM on May. 24, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Everyone does this across the board. From the president to McDonalds. Next.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:35 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Next....Really? So its OK with you for them to spout utter Bullshit? Because of COURSE the excuse of HE did it so I can do it flies. Its Obamas mantra.

So is it ok with you that Obama says “We passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act—the first bill I signed—so that equal pay for equal work is a reality all across this country,” he said in June 2009.

When its obviously he is full of it? AND if he/they is so completely full of it and out right lying here why on earth would you trust him/them or his/their legislation else where?

momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Oh, and chances are, repubs do it too. JSYK.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 5:57 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Kinda missing the point aren't ya? Those pesky FACT things do it to the left EVERY time. Its like kryptonite to superman :) Should I use smaller words to point out the reason or the focus on the ones in the article......would that help?

momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 6:06 PM on May. 24, 2012

• I wonder if they bring this up in their manufactured war on women. Well, actually, I don't wonder. I am sure this information fall in the 'selective' category.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:18 PM on May. 24, 2012

• LOL.

Girl, if you're a conservative trying to call a liberal dumb, that's like a Jew trying to call Hitler a nice guy. Try again.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:46 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Wow you just guzzlled hateful today didnt you honey. REALLY cant respond to the premise? Is that THAT difficult to wrap your head around the question? Try this......Do you believe that people spreading an agenda on a national stage should at least follow said agenda themselves? There. Very generic and VERY simple.
    momof030404

Comment by momof030404 (original poster) at 7:26 PM on May. 24, 2012

• OP, we all know the govt lives by the words.."Don't do what I do, do what I say" type of bullshit. But FFA is correct. It also doesn't help that the lawsuit WalMart had against them because of this very issue and living by the “good old boy philosophy”, was lost in the Supreme Court. The women has since re-filed the suit, but WalMart and big as it is, they can hold this court for many many yrs if they felt like it. Women in the work force has always been frowned upon depending on what area of employment the woman is in, like law enforcement, or at the White House level of power. There are men still out there that believe women should be seen and not heard. And yet, many wonder why some women act like a first class bitch in certain jobs. They may know if they show any sign of weakness, they may be perceived as little girls doing the 'BIG manly type jobs.'
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:42 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Proving discrimination based on job pay is real hard cause of the fact the employer can say she didn't do what she needed to do, or no training whatever excuse they can come up with. That and the fact if a woman wanted to make a stink about her level of pay or whatever, and files the lawsuit, and they fire her cause that or comes up with another good reason she was fired. While it may mean she does have a win-win law suit, the fact still remains she out of a job, no income, and in today's economy, many don't want to take that gamble, and that means that employer gets away with it. So Obama can pass what ever act he wants making it illegal to pay women lesser pay, doesn't mean employers will obey that law.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:54 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Another point to consider in this, in the real working world, where your salary is not posted anywhere for public consumption -- Your pay rate is supposed to be confidential. So, if I were making less than a man doing the same job that I do, how would I know that I was being underpaid? Even discussing pay rates can be cause for firing in some places. So I kind of have a hard time with this since no one is supposed to know what someone else's rate of pay is. I realize that there is a base rate for a particular job, and then periodic raises which are based on performance, attendance, quality, attitude, knowledge, etc. etc. (or how well the boss likes you in some places!) The way I see it, if you think you deserve more pay, talk to the boss / human resources / whatever dept is in charge of that.

And I am not one bit surprised that the Dems pay women less, and brag about the "Fair Pay Act" they fought so hard for!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:04 PM on May. 24, 2012