Diaper Digger

I need suggestions for how to keep DD from digging in her diapers. We don't always know the exact second she poops, unless she is sitting right next to us when she does. When she is playing in her room and she does she will come running out with poop on her hand (because she sticks her hands in her diapers). We have been putting her the footie pajamas at night to prevent her digging in her diaper at night, but it is harder during the day. It is so hot here and it seems like the only way to effectively keep her out of it is to put a onsie and pants on her, but with how hot it is out I feel bad always having her pants because she sweats.
Any advice on how to nip this in the bud? I sure don't like having poopy fingers waved in my face.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 5:38 PM on May. 24, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well. after about 30 forums/ articles- unless you want to duct tape the diaper on it seems your screwed and just need to ride it out.

isn't motherhood great *sigh
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:05 PM on May. 24, 2012

• I know she's still young for it, but try starting potty training?

What about onesie and some shorts? Or just the onesie?
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:40 PM on May. 24, 2012

• With shorts or just a onesie she can still get into her diaper (as she proved to me last night). We tried the potty training and it was evident that she just wasn't ready for it.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 5:42 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Oneies are good
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 5:57 PM on May. 24, 2012

• that is tough being so warm out! Maybe try to find some capri style leggings and safety pin the top to the bottoms.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:57 PM on May. 24, 2012

• Thin Capri leggings should keep her out of her diaper.

Answer by missanc at 10:11 PM on May. 24, 2012