I'd really like to know why people bash you for not thinking like them?

That is so annoying! I got bashed for answering a "just for fun" question asking if we fantasized...I said I didn't fantasize about other men, only my DH and that I felt like you shouldn't because it's wrong IMO. Seriously. wth? It was MY personal feelings about it. Is there a rule somewhere that says we don't have that freedom? lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ugh i hate that people bash other people for not thinking like they do or having a mind of their own. If you dont follow leader, you are attacked. If you have a mind of your own and think outside of the box, you are jumped on. It's pathetic. I don't understand it either, but I guess we just have to ignore it.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I know how you feel! This site is full of rude ppl and alot of judgemental ppl!!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It's hard to remember that the written word has a different tone than the spoken word.

What in your mind is just your opinion can come across as very judge-y on the computer screen.

As for the box, I think one of the great things about CafeMom is that there IS no box. Everyone is different and I may find myself agreeing with a Republican, a Wiccan, and a Radical BF'er all in one day.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:17 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Just a guess, but probably because of this part:

"you shouldn't because it's wrong"

It may not be the way you meant it, but it reads as if you are saying nobody should, not just your rule for yourself.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:06 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I agree with you NotPanicking, I'm sorry but YOU were the first one to bash: "yOU SHOULDN'T DO IT BECAUSE IT'S WRONG, IT'S NOT NORMAL, I WOULD NEVER DO THAT" you know we all have the right to fantasize, it doesn't matter about what, if for ex. I fantasize of going out with other men, it doesn't necessarily mean I'll go and do it!!! It was a JUST FOR FUN questions, and whoever posted it, you could clearly see that she just wanted some fun answers!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• My answer is no different from how anyone else's answers are and I did not say what you said I did. "YOU SHOULDN'T DO IT BECAUSE IT'S WRONG, IT'S NOT NORMAL, I WOULD NEVER DO THAT."
    You took my wording WAY out of context and NotPanicking you know when I said "you" It wasn't to anyone specific..That's kind of a broad word. I think you knew that I didn't mean it toward anyone. and no anon, I never said anyone couldn't do it. Quit making my answer in to something it's not. I just don't feel comfortable fantasizing about other people. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• In my opinion it's not normal, especially if your married and fantasizing about things like that. I don't have any fantasies like that. Every fantasy I have it's something my DH could do within the bounds of marriage with me. Call me boring but it's true.

Actually ^ that is what I said. IN MY OPINION, It's not NORMAL. especially if your married...

Yea, I don't think it's normal but I know a lot of people do it. Hell, I'm pretty sure my own husband has did it. He's a man so yea...But still. It's not like I gripe him out over it or even bother worrying about it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Some people don't understand that an opinion is someone's own personal belief. I have several friends who are like "If you don't see it my way, you are WRONG!". Small minded people. That's definately a pet peeve of mine.
    Anonymous