• In the Spotlight:

my son opened the door last night and our chihuahua took off and got lost, were so sad, do you think somebody will return her to us if we put her on the newspaper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pets

• we went loooking for her lots of times around our neighborhood and we didnt find her:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• why don't you make a post on craiglist's pet section? you never know! it's really popular and you might find him. I've heard of people finding their pets there... :)

Adja70

Answer by Adja70 at 3:57 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Call the local animal shelters. Someone may have taken her there. They will also call you if anyone brings in a dog matching the description.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I'm sorry u lost her/him.do call ur local shelters,and put flyers up all around town and towns close by.our dog ran away 3 times in the 7years we had him.the first time for a day or two,2nd time 3 months the shelter found him,it took 2 weeks for them to catch him thank god his tags where on,then for 6days the flyers really help.I wish u good luck.please keep me updated.
    momangel05

Answer by momangel05 at 5:14 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Call the shelters and also the vets. Place ads in the local papers in the Lost Pets section. Signs around your neighborhood is a good idea. Make the signs very easy to read- very large letters and not much on them. Lost chihuahua, reward, and your phone number. If you want to have some more information in smaller letters that people can see if they walk up to the sign, such as childrens' pet, very friendly, and so forth, but make the main part of the sign visible from cars.

Answer by Bmat at 8:41 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Make signs and put them everywhere and offer a reward.Check the animal shelters online everyday..Always put a tag on your dog or next time if you do get your dog back put a tracking system on the dog.Ypu can buy it at sams club.We actually have kennels in the backyard that my husband made for our dogs.
    Anonymous

• i doubt it most people want those types of dogs but there are some nice people out there who might. i go all out with my dogs. i have them license and have a dog tag. it they get removed by a person then i have the micro chip in case they get loose again or they take to the vet. then they know the dog is not theirs. so far it has worked.i never not have a collar on them. i put ours on pets 911 were found but they got away from him too. so i put up signs and they were found. dogs can hear you up to 3 miles away so shout loud. i did. i found my dogs lass then a mile away.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Was your dog micro chipped? If so put in the add that he is, and offer a reward. People may want the money more than the dog! Make sure you put your address where you live and phone number and your vet's name. You might want to add the age of the dog and let anyone know he may need medication! That's what I did and someone returned my himalayen cat when they found out he need meds, and I offered a reward and I said he was micro chipped. NOw he is home after 4 days..hope someone found him if it's cold outside.! Good luck and I am so sorry your doggy is gone. Hope you find him soon!

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 1:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• we call my husbands grandma the dog napper..she has 2 min pins that just mysteriously appeared in her yard..she claimed she tried finding their homes but no one came....shes the dog napper..put pictures of your little baby everywhere w your number so no other old lady dog nappers nap your dog.lol..i really am sorry your dog is lost! i would be devastated if mine got out! although i would also be in great fear that someone would just kill my dog becuase of her breed..(pit/american bull dog)
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Aw I hope he is returned to you,this is why our dogs are on lonnnnnggggggggg leashes because they run off and we have the dog catcher in this area all the time and he wouldnt bat an eye to catch our dog and charge us a $300 fine. We put up a fence around our yard and our dogs still escape its annoying...
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:26 PM on Jan. 29, 2009