Have you ever experienced the thought that God was standing before you?

long story made short, my daughter was sick and we ended up in the emergency room for like fourteen hours. Every so often a maintenance worker would pass by and look softly at me as he passed... as if to say I cant believe you are still here. Finally he came into our room quietly stood over my daughter and said she is beautiful.... after talking to him and hanging on his every word... the doctor came in woke my daughter to send us home she would sit up throw up...and then he would start another bag of fluids and then she would go right back to sleep. The maintenance guy left at that point. This happened four times... he came back each time and he witnessed to me all night. It was a very pleasant and calming sense even with all of the chaos in the er. I think God put me in that room so that I could gather strength from this gentleman who at the end blessed me and revealed he was a preacher.

photojournalist

Asked by photojournalist at 5:51 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That is a very cool story. How is your daughter now?
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:26 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I love hearing stories like that. Hope your daughter is well now!
    Yes I have after my mil passed from 1st marriage. It was a few months after sons birth. I was praying that she would always watch over him and that she would do all she could so he would be well protected. And I was just so torn up over the loss she was a really good friend. Anyways, I was standing over my baby crying praying and the mobile just starts up on its own going around and playing. It was so calming. It really did me a world of good. It made me feel she was in that better place.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 7:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Right after my MIL passed away everyone that was in the house just felt this sensation that she was in heaven. It was just a very calming experience. And then the morning of my wedding I went out to the garage because I was really stressed. I felt the same exact sensation again. And it just made me smile and I didnt' feel stressed anymore. And now with my son, whenever I'm singing or humming to him, at least once a week I'll just start humming "In the garden" in the middle of a song, and that was her favorite song! So, I do believe that she is with us whenever she can be and it's a great feeling!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• God's angels are always working. I know an angel was there to catch my son when he fell off of the changing table when he was just a few months old. My hubby (now ex) was in there, had turned away for a second to get a diaper, and my son decided to roll over. Well, instead of rolling straight down, he rolled to the side, which he ended up falling on a wicker hamper and then onto the floor. When I went into the room to see why he was crying, my son was perfectly fine, just upset over the fall. And when I went to pick him up I saw a wisp go by my head as if the angel was saying, "Don't worry, we had it covered".
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:25 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I have no doubt God sent that man to you. He was most likely an angel God sent to comfort you and your daughter. What an awesome God we worship! A few years back,my mom and my two sons were going to church on a Wed. night. They stopped at Subway,and mom bought their supper. While they were eating, an older gentleman came up to them,and mom said he kinda just stood for a few minutes watching them. He told her he thought it was great she was going to church with her grandchildren. He had no way to know this, they'd never seen him before,and mom hadn't said a word. She told him thank you,and he told her how blessed she was to have the boys,and how blessed they were to have a grandma that wanted them to know God. He gave her a keychain,which she still has,and walked out. My older son went to tell him thank you,and by the time he got outside,the man had disappeared. We have no doubt he was an angel. Continued below.....
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:27 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• And,it's always comforting to think of that story. Mom said they knew there was something special about him,and he was so old,that there is no way he could have walked that far before my son went outside,as it was only a few seconds later. God does indeed send His angels to comfort us,watch over us,and encourage us.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 7:28 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• We are definitely one body but many members.  When we are going through God will send other member of the body to comfort when when are going through. Praise God.!!!!!!

mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Beautiful.... I hope your daughter is doing well. Thank you for sharing this wonderful part of your life. I know you must have been scared for your daughter but I could feel the comfort this man gave you during your time of need.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• God has a way of putting the perfect person in your life at the perfect time....I've experienced it several times....it's one of His many ways of blessing us.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 6:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I agree with mommiejay453
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:51 AM on Jan. 30, 2009