What do you think about the new stimulus package?

Before you answer please follow the links below to get the details:

House Passes $819 Billion stimulus package:

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/28/news/economy/house_vote_wednesday/index.htm

What does this mean for me?/What are the details of this package?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/01/26/news/economy/stimulus_101/index.htm?postversion=2009012717

MOM2TWO19

Asked by MOM2TWO19 at 6:49 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's a waste of time, most of it won't go into effect until last 2010. How will that help stimulate the economy??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Not one Republican voted for it and 11 Democrats voted against it. I think the senate will entirely re-write it and hopefully it will come out helping middle class Americans who pay taxes as opposed to the segment of America who do NOT pay taxes. I am interested to see what the new packages looks like when the Senate is done re-writing it.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

I agree with Anon. I think the current pkge is lacking on doing much (if any good) this year.

How does this effect the people who have lost jobs this week, last week? It doesn't. It allows "pet" infrustructure projects to get put on the books to show signs of "light at the end of the tunnel" to help people get re-elected in 2010. That is pathetic. I hope it gets re-written to help people TODAY. People who pay taxes.
    Contact your elected officials and let them know what you think of the pkge.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• A plan that will create jobs that are actually needed. How radical.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I do not like it. We were led to believe it was going to have infrastructure money for roads and bridges which would create jobs. Condoms and STD's do not create jobs. Most of it will not help our problem today and, hopefully, someone in Congress will think of the people, not their pork.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2009