Help!

I have a baby on the way and just found out that my dh's income will be cut in half in about 2 months. DH is the only income we have. I cannot work outside the home, I am on semi-bed rest because of pre-term contractions. Plus, I am huge. There is no way I will get hired pregnant and I have 2 kids already. In addition to all of this dh works long hours and rotating shifts so he's not really any help around the house. He's basically just the income. We won't have enough money to pay basic bills, let alone a new baby thanks to his hours being cut. What can I do from home? I can't be selling things and hosting parties and such. I want to be able to just do something from the computer. Yes, I know there are groups here from work at home, but ChaCha is about $1 and hour (that's not going to cut it) and some of the other ones haven't worked out. I can't be on the phone all day or even a few hours with live ops, I have 2 small kids. Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 25, 2012 in Money & Work

• That's a tough one. I'm not sure of anything that you'd get a decent salary from, strictly online. Do you have secretarial experience? If so, you might look at virtual assistant positions but, I'll tell you from experience, they're difficult to get.

Do you have family that you could move in with, perhaps, until he finds another job?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 10:57 AM on May. 25, 2012

• I am on e-mail lists for a number of (what I believe to be after investigation) sites for work at home jobs (admin assistant type). ODesk is one. I submitted content for ContentDivas, which is a content site geared toward SEO and blogging for advertising/visibility. They didn't like my stuff and my professional experience is all about communications - however, I have no experience with SEO or blogging, so am not familiar with the styles, etc. But that sounds like good money if you are interested in that. eLance is a site with alot of different types of opportunties that may work for you, but it is alot of work to keep up with the bids and very competitive - my understanding is the hardest part is getting the first few jobs to gain a reputation there. I have heard good things about it. I have alot of notes on other sites too.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:08 AM on May. 25, 2012

• ... that should say what i believe to be legitimate sites
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:26 AM on May. 25, 2012

• ELance and ODesk are good; I can confirm that. I do have better luck getting work off ODesk though. ELance is crazy competitive
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:31 AM on May. 25, 2012

• What about consulting or freelance?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:05 PM on May. 25, 2012

• If you want, feel free to PM me, I might have a couple of solutions for you. One could actually lead to a business.. The other is all online and a job..
    BraydinsMommy09

Answer by BraydinsMommy09 at 7:13 PM on May. 25, 2012