Why did you choose the house you live in right now?

For us it was simple: we needed a bigger place than the one-bedroom apartment we were living in, and we really wanted to be able to stick with our same landlords. It's hard to find a landlord that actually seems to care about you, and we were lucky enough to have such a thing. So we moved into the next building over from the one-bedroom-only building we were in, and got a slightly bigger two-bedroom. There are a lot of things I don't like about this place, but for now it works just fine, and we were really only looking for those two things at the time.

What about you ladies? Home-owners, renters, whatever.

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 6:52 PM on May. 25, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Because our home has almost an acre that backs up to 10 acres of woods in the city, that brings deer in our backyard. Our city was 'The City of Superior Services' and the schools were good. Now it just sucks monkey butt. (Except for the deer. They are still here.)

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:05 PM on May. 25, 2012

• The house had everything we needed and to top it off it had a 2nd story deck the length of the house and the land behind me belongs to the church. It's part of a convent and they have woods and meditation paths for the sister to walk on. No one will ever develop the land or live behind me. And since we are on a corner I only have neighbors to my left and katty-corner to my right. We also have a great school system.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:07 PM on May. 25, 2012

• the rent is cheaper here than anywhere else and i hate it! we need a bigger place so the girls have their own rooms instead of sharing.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:10 PM on May. 25, 2012

• After DD was born, we moved in with some friends. It turned really ugly, and we had to get out. My moms boyfriend suggested my mom move in with him (they had been together over 4 years), and the house she was renting from him could be ours. We have a little house, in a safe and quiet area, 3 blocks from the beach, and less thann a half mile to both of my parents, within 20 minutes of my inlaws, with really low rent, and a backyard. Cant beat that!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 7:10 PM on May. 25, 2012

• It is in a very nice townhouse complex with a pool I love... and I was tired of owning a home and all the responsibilities!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:13 PM on May. 25, 2012

• We were looking for a place where we wouldn't have to expand in order to have kids on the same floor as the master bedroom. We didn't exactly find what we wanted, but fell in love with the property - backing up onto a canal with a bike path. It has a small stable and we can raise chickens and goats.

And it turns out that we are up the street from the private school that the kids attend.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:26 PM on May. 25, 2012

• we wanted a new home and looked at SOOOOOO many.

We liked this floor plan - 4 bedrooms upstairs, study down stairs, formal living room & formal dining room, eat in kitchen that opens up to a great room.... and... the largest back yard on the block. AND it backs up to a preserve. AND AND the BEST school district in the area!!!!!!

All around win win win! Love our home!!!!
    Anonymous

• As soon as I got out of the car to visit it I knew that I loved it. It is a happy house. You only feel positive vibes here.

winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 5:50 AM on May. 26, 2012

• we had very limited time to relocate, and did not know the area/town..after two weekends of seeing 20+homes, we put an offer on House#1..played a bit with the owners, who would not come down more than $1000...2yrs later, they still haven't sold their home. so, we put an offer on House#2 (which happened to be about $45,000 less) and the owners took it, without countering. same area/school district as House#1, but different subdivision, and about 500sqft smaller, different layout, and one less bathroom.
    we like the house..not in love with it.
    i still dream about the layout in House#1...but not their driveway--it was way too steep, as was their entire front yard. our home is on a slightly larger lot, in a cul-de-sac and is level. if we could put House#1 on this lot...we still house-shop. lol.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:03 PM on May. 25, 2012

• My husband picked it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:08 PM on May. 25, 2012