There are something u just do not say

I want out with my hubby last night and his friend said man I did not know u was about to have a baby. That is when his girlfriend said man u look like ur 5 months it got to me like man am I eatting to much.

Cause I'm just 14 weeks and just start to eat good last week (been sick from 6 weeks to 13 week)

MY HUBBY ASK ME WHY U SO MAD SHE DID NOT KNOW?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• was I wrong for feeling like that cause if I did not know I will not say nothing but something nice just so she can feel good about herself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• mine does the same thing, you know if it was in reverse though you would've deffended him thats what gets me he'd rather defend his friends or family over me
    Anonymous

• Oh wow! You never tell a woman how far along you think she looks!! Even if it's smaller, it can still affect a woman.. she might question whether her baby is getting enough nutrients, whether he's big enough or not, and other concerns.. which may cause her to over-eat. I'm sure you look fabulous mama! Good luck :)
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:16 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Is this your first baby or do you already have a child(ren)? I know that once you have a baby, the next time you get pregnant, you will start to show almost immediately. Even if it's your first, don't worry about it. Bigger babies sleep better and have fewer health problems. People always say things that are inappropriate. Next time someone says something like that have a funny response ready to give, like, "Oh, maybe it's triplets!" or "Nah, my baby just has a big, brilliant brain." Maybe your husband's friend and GF are jealous?
    I always had strangers come up and start rubbing on my belly. One strange man did it once in a restaurant and he said, "Ooh, I just have to rub this big belly" and I responded, "Well, you have a big ass, and you don't see me touching that!" Just keep things light and be proud of your baby bump. There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 9:18 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I am sorry that happened to you. I hate when people make stupid remarks like that. When I was pregnant with my first I went in to get a hair cut and the lady cutting my hair said "Wow, your huge. I bet your baby is going to be fat!" I was so offended and my DH just told me that it was no big deal and to get over it. I was just so insulted. But my baby wasnt huge she only weight 7lbs 7oz. So when I had her I went back into that shop and told the lady see she wasnt big at all! She remembered me but didnt make any comments about what she said last time. Just dont worry about what other people say. I am sure you look fine. Congrats on your pregnancy!
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 9:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Yeah, some people just don't know when to open their mouths or not. Don't let it get to you, you are pregnant and have every right to be extra sensitive :)
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I totally understand. I went yard saling with my friend when I was about 5 months pregnant and this lady at a yard sale said I looked like I was ready to pop any day now. I was so upset because I thought I looked good for being pregnant. My husband didn't understand why it upset me so much.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 10:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• roflmao diva- hahahaha
    I absolutely hate when either strangers or mere acquaintances think my pregnant belly is a free ticket to touch... ick get your hands off me fool!!!... I'm so going to use that one...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Honney! You are pregnant. Every woman is different on how there size in generally impacted during this process. Some woman gain seventy to a hundred pounds and then some gain practically nothing. Regardless on what you eat, you are going to size the way your body wants to size. This is the most special time for you, the time where everyone is primary focused on you and not just the baby. Take this time and run with it! Eat what ever you see fit, if you want to eat six jelly donuts, eat them. Dont make yourself feel like your gaining too much weight. Being pregnant doesnt come with a diet. Have fun!
    leighannarobey

Answer by leighannarobey at 12:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2009