What is it with my kids and wanting to stripe down to their undies the second we walk in the door!

Keep you clothes on for Pete's SAKE! I can not tell you how common the question of 'where are your pants?' or ' Why did you take your clothes off?' can be heard. I am constantly having to tell them to put them back on in case we need to go somewhere later or someone knocks on the door or heaven for bid we have a fire! lol. They are 4 (girl) and almost 8 (boy). Is this pretty normal?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 8:05 PM on May. 25, 2012 in General Parenting

• DS loves to run around in undies. As long as we aren't going anywhere or having anyone over I really don't care. Most of the time he manages to at least keep shorts on, but that is about it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:26 PM on May. 25, 2012

• Geez, let them enjoy it while they can. I wish I could do that!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:31 PM on May. 25, 2012

• Yes, Doc, it is normal. Especially in the summer. As long as they are that age, it's totally okay....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:42 PM on May. 25, 2012

• LOL! Well, I know when I get home, I take off shoes, socks & bra! So this is the under 18 version of getting comfy I guess :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:16 PM on May. 25, 2012

• Both of my kids do the same thing because they see DH do it. I swear my DH pants are off before he even gets in the house,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:43 PM on May. 25, 2012

• I wish! I always try to get them to take their nice school clothes off when they get home and change into something else. They are terrible at remembering though.
    Tesserae

Answer by Tesserae at 8:14 PM on May. 25, 2012

• Hey Doc, you can check it out further... well, you know where...
    m-avi

• It's comfortable.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:32 PM on May. 25, 2012

• I think it's pretty normal - I love to come home and get into jogging pants and a t-shirt - honestly if I was as comfortable with my body as most children are I'd strip down to my undies too, lol ! But yes, I see your point about having to re-dress to go somewhere.....usually before I change my clothes I ask "do I have to go anywhere tonight?" if the answer is no, it's fairgame....maybe instead of saying no, you could say only if we don't have to go anywhere....maybe have a couple of days each week when it would be acceptable???
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:17 AM on May. 26, 2012

• It wasn't in my house. I didn't put up with that kind of stuff. Only shoes where allowed to come off in the house.
    Well clearly I don't allow it as I am always making them put the items back on... but thanks for you input.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 8:23 PM on May. 25, 2012