Evening ladies! Does anyone have an ankle/foot tattoo?

I have wanted a tat with my DDs name since she was born, but could never decide what to get. Finally fell in love with the idea of an ankle bracelet with a heart charm on the upper part of my foot with her name in it. So my questions are- How badly did the foot part sting, as I've heard that's a pretty painful tat spot? How long did you have to go without shoes & baby your foot to let it heal right? Thanks!

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 11:54 PM on May. 25, 2012 in Beauty & Style

• I have both feet done (along with both calves, both lower arms, both wrists, my right shoulder and my right ankle) and for me, they didn't hurt that much. I have REALLY HIGH pain tolerance and the worst pain I have EVER felt, on a 1-10 scale, was a 4/5 on my right calf and right ankle. On my feet, the pain got to maybe a 3, if that. But that's just me. If I had low pain tolerance like hubby I wouldn't have 15 tattoos, lol. He has 3 and he's done, all 3 hurt like a bleeeeep for him but all 3 have deep meaning so he sucked up on the pain and dealt with it. My sisters got the tops of their left feet done when I got mine done and it didn't really bother them either. I got my feet done during summer and wore my sandals when i went in so that the tattoos were put in spots that the sandals would not come near. It took about a week for those tattoos to heal and only a day or two of tenderness (for me, it's like an intense sunburn).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:17 AM on May. 26, 2012

• I got one about 3 weeks ago left leg above the ankle...not fun the closer it was to my ankle. It was my first- and my daughters 5th and she said the same thing-and that it hurt more than her others in general.

I cannot say what it is like on the foot-but our tattoo artist said it's bad
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:01 AM on May. 26, 2012

• I have both ankles tattooed and the out part of the ankle hurt more than any other tattoo I have ever gotten.

Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 9:42 PM on May. 27, 2012

• my brother gf just got a tattoo on her foot. she had a weekend to heal then back to work she had have feet covered for work... Her tat did fine. she just had to keep putting lotion and moisturize it threw out the day. a bit more then you would if you could leave it open.
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 8:22 AM on May. 26, 2012

• OP, a week should be just fine to give your foot time to heal. Last summer I got a rather large piece on my right foot and a couple of days later our aunt passed away and we had to attend her funeral. I had to wear nylons and flat shoes because I chose to cover all of my tattoos (at the time I didn't have any on my arms) since we are Jewish and out of respect for the more traditional people I didn't want my tattoos visible. Covering them with nylons didn't hurt my tattoo at all and it was 4 or 5 days after I got the work done. I have had some tattoos take 2 weeks to fully heal and then others have just taken a couple of days. It depends on the work, how detailed it is and how your body heals.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:41 PM on May. 26, 2012

• never had an ankle tat, but do have foot tats on both feet, and they were the worst pain as far as tats go, and i have TWELVE tats! remember, pain is temporary and the art/beauty is forever :]
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 12:52 PM on May. 31, 2012

• Tracylynn- I'm going to be calling the shop for their recommendation, but let me ask this- I'm a nursing student, so I'm on my feet a lot & have to wear socks & sneakers. If I were to get it done on a break, do you think it would be healed enough to go back to that in a week without damaging the tattoo?
    KA91

Comment by KA91 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on May. 26, 2012

• i like tattooooo !!! not with my DD name ..n' yep it hurts a bit
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 7:37 AM on May. 26, 2012

• No.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:35 PM on May. 27, 2012

• no me
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:54 PM on May. 29, 2012