I think we are!

Ok , i wanna know why everyone looks down on teen moms if anything i think that we r awsome ..
i mean most of us are 14-18 and we r stepping up to raise a kid ..
all the responsibilty and paitents and some going to school and having a job
thats alot for a 16 eyar old
normal 14-18 year old are not responsible or matture..but we are.
y not look at it that way instead of thinking o she's a slut??
dont get me wornge no other teen should wanna be like us but ..still

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• sorry my pelling was bad
    i was in a hurry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• people are judgmental no matter what. they're gonna think what they think and make up your life story just with a glance. it is good you are stepping up and acting more mature than many. but an educated person is going to look at that spelling and know you are not finished school. so step up when you can and take care of both to set an example for your child. then nobody can say shit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• People judge.

Get over it.

It's part of human nature and everyone does it.

Live your own life and the people who know you will appreciate you.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:13 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I understand what your saying I got pregnant with my son when I was 17 and had him when I was 18. I had ppl say that I weren't gonna be good for nothing but staying home with my bad ass kids, as well as other negative things. Although I was young I knew that when I laid down to havve sex that it could be consequences. I gotten pregnant. My heart would'nt allow me to get an abortion so I keep my baby. I am now married to the same guy that I gotten pregnant by(been married for almost 3 yrs in may and no one twist our arms to do so, it was our decision)we have 2 other children. I finished college in October, my husband been at his job for 8 yrs and were doing great. oh yeah and mine children are sooo well behaved. I never have a problem getting a babysitter. and we have our own business and had it for almost 3 yrs. so I wouldn't let neg ppl get you down, infact when ppl hate that just give me the motivation to keep trying.
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I actually feel sorry for you!!! You are missing out on a great deal of life before having the reponsibility of raising a child. You are but a child yourself. It is too bad you couldn't be responsible enough to use birth control!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• God does things for a reason and if he didn't want this to happen he wouldn't . Plus it is the 2000 . Its not nothing new about a young girl getting pregnant and keeping it to some . I was 19 and I had twins .Keep your head up honey and don't let it get to you . Just take care of u and that precious baby the lord blessed u with .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• It's wrong, but people have strong opinions. Doesn't matter if I agree or you disagree, people see the same thing and have different points of view. Don't listen to anyone who isn't going to be supportive, teen moms are still moms, and should be helped by the people around them. Whats done is done, now more then ever they need support. And sadly some people sit on thier high horses as if they have never made a mistake and pass judgement.

Age does not determine the value of a mom, age does not grant us anymore wisdom when comes to parenthood, otherwise we wouldn't have places like this to help us out.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:40 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Having a baby as a teen does not make you Satan or even a slut. I had my first at 18. However now at 42 I know that girls at 13,14,15 etc have no business having sex let alone making babies. I know there are many exceptions but many many of these young girls sit on welfare and drop out of school. As a parent YOU OWE it to your child to provide a stable environment and set a good example. Having sex is an adult decision that has adult consequences that at 14 girls are just not equip to handle...you are not supposed to be. Live life, go to school, be young and carefree...it is soo fleeting! There is plenty of time to have babies when you have your shit together...on your own..not the governments tab or your parents.  Some of these kids never have a shot in life because they have babies for parents...that is so unfair!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Giving birth at 14 or 18 does not make you any more mature than other 14 to 18 year olds. It just makes you have to be more responsible. Plenty of 14 to 18 year olds are behaving maturely for their age. It is commendable that you are taking care of your child, however that does not elevate your level of maturity. Maturity is so much more than that. I do not look down on people but I do think that 14 is way too young to be a parent. Not just for the child but foryou. Then there is the father issue. The odds that a boy, will be a good father and be with the mother of his child for the entire upbringing are so slim. I know in this era, the need for a father is thought to be unnecessary but it isn't. So yes you are doing the best you can under the circumstances but that is not maturity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• Most people look down on teens moms because 14-18 year olds really should be concentrating on school and making a life for themselves so they can be comfortable when they decide to raise a family. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are plenty of teen moms who are wonderful mothers that stepped up and did what they had to do. It's just not ideal and I don't see it hapening any time soon where someone is going to say"Oh you're a teen mom? Good for you! Stupid me, I waited til I was older and had a career going before I had my kids."BTW I had my son when I was 18 so I know what it feels like for people to look at me and think that stupid girl. I don't expect to change their thinking. All I can do is raise my kids right and work my ass off to take care of them. I just wish I would have waited.
    Anonymous