Early labor or the flu?

I absolutely don't even know what's going on with me today. I was up with my daughter throughout the night because she was throwing up. Hubby and I thought maybe she had the flu but she's been fine since she got up. About an hour after she got up I started getting these really horrible pains in my stomach like i'm going to throw up that but doesn't 'make sense because I had the flu shot. I can't throw up or anything else to ease the pain. It comes and goes...but I haven't timed anything yet. Is this early labor or am I really getting the flu?? If I do have the flu since I am 36 weeks, will it make me go into labor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jan. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor. Even though you had the flu shot. You can still get the flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• The flu shot is for the flu (influenza) not the stomach flu.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I got the flu when I was pregnant-- so not fun. Anyway it could also be Braxton Hicks contractions. I didn't have them with my first prego so when I had them with my second I totally thought I was in labor. I would almost bet that's what it probably is. Call your doc just in case though.
    ajbrownies

Answer by ajbrownies at 10:39 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• I had the flu 3 days before I was induced...no fun. But the post before is correct - the flu shot doesn't protect against the 24 hr stomach flu. It's probably the flu - but if you feel worse or it doesn't go away after today - call your doctor.
    Val1313

Answer by Val1313 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2009

• the day before i went into labor i felt like i was getting the flu. was crampy and achy and just wanted to throw up and get it over with. at 2:30am the next day i woke up thinking i was going to get sick, but my water broke. lol
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:01 AM on Jan. 29, 2009